T W E N T Y - F O U R

Natasha carried the sleeping woman in her arms as Sam followed close behind with Wanda's bag. Clint was carrying Nat's bag along with his and Steve was carrying Lexi's and his as the girl walked beside him. King T'challa was patiently waiting for them. The silence of the night was comforting to the brunette, who was admiring the city. The calm energy of the place was giving the same effect to the girl that walked beside Captain America. 

She took the ends of her sweater and cross them over to cross her arms. T'challa shook hands with Steve before locking eyes on Lexi. His eyes moved to the sleeping girl as his concern for them grew.  "I remember them from the battle in Germany". He said slowly walking towards them. Lexi's heartbeat increased and she hid behind the spy since the supersoldier was away. That was a signal for the king that stopped and smiled at the Russian. "Miss Romanoff".

"It's good to see you, your majesty". She greeted. "I assume Steve told you about the medical attention?". "Yes. I have prepared two suitable rooms for them that will allow them privacy and tranquillity for their recovery". He looked at the rest of the team. " The nursery is open to all of you". He turned to Steve. "Captain Rogers, the gifts you requested are in their chambers".

"Thank you". "It's no trouble. I asked for proper dietary needs for both of them. My sister, Shuri, has some ideas for the meal plans and therapy" He turned to Lexi. "She heard that Stark's daughter was coming, and couldn't be more excited to meet you" He softly smiled. "Thank you for your help". Nat said.

"As I said, no trouble at all. You all must rest now. All of your chambers are in the same aisle. And please, stay as long as you need to". They followed him to the aisle where their rooms were before T'challa left them. Lexi followed the red-headed like a little duck as Natasha entered a room where she left Wanda in the bed. She placed a blanket on top of her and kissed her head before walking towards the brunette. 

"Your room is right next to hers. You even have a door that connects your rooms" She smiled. They walked to the younger one's room. Many gifts were lying around when the brunette entered.  Motivational balloons were in the corner of the room. On the floor were many stuffed animals and every type of flower was around the room. 

Across the bed, there was a teddy bear the size of the wall. Typical dad, She smiled. Natasha smile at the girl that wandered around the room checking everything out. Lexi giggled at the teddy bears that were under the balloons. The teddy bear's versions of the Avengers were smiling at her with their suits and accessories. Thor's version had a small hammer, Vision's version was red and Peter's had a mask on. 

"I'm really hoping this one is your favourite" She turned around to look at Nat and saw her holding a teddy bear with the Black Widow's suit. Lexi smiled and took it from Nat's hands. "Your dad left you a note there" She pointed to the nightstand. "You'll be fine?". Lexi nodded. "Alright, I'll go to bed then. My room is right in front of yours if need anything, alright?".

"Thank you, Nat" She whispered as she hugged her. "No problem Kitten" She kissed her head and walked towards the door. "Ice cream" Nat looked at her. "She likes chocolate but she loves Ice cream".  Nat smiled and left the room. Lexi walked towards the bed and sat down leaving Nat's bear beside her. Two envelopes were waiting for her at the table with her name on them. 

She decided to open the one with her actual name in it. Inside the envelope, there were different papers. One from each of the Avengers in Wakanda. the letters were short but meaningful. They made her cry enough to know that she wasn't going to be ready for her father's.

Hello my beautiful daughter, Star. I really wish that I could see you right now, that I could be with you. But we both know that as long as Ross is on my ass I won't be able to. That doesn't mean I'm not with you. You can lose the bracelet that I made for you or the necklace Pepper gave you, but as long as you have memories of us, I'll be there. Cheesy, right? I'll wait for your call to send you as many cheeseburgers as you want. Happy is more than ready to take them to you.

But between us, I'll manage a way to take them myself.

I decided to make another suit for the kid. I thought to make it like mine, but I remember how you told me I had t try nanotechnology someday, so I decided to take a shot. The first suit made of nanotechnology that will leave his lab will be yours. As I told you in the cabin, Rhodey is okay. He's walking. No actually, running. He's ready to bring the guards to life once more to kill them. 

I know that Romanoff will take such good care of you. You will be in good hands. Rogers wants to get closer to you. I don't like it, but he will protect you in ways I can't right now. Don't tell him this, but I trust him with you.

I know you will make it out of this one, Star. You're more than strong enough. You have to fight many battles, in which I dare to say I have been the villain to some. But you have always walked away as the winner. Have I ever tell you why I call you Star?. Probably not. See, your mother was not the love of my life, you know that. When I met her she was only another blond girl in a bar that I make out with. Those days I used to think that I was never going to meet anyone that would move my world so hard.

Then you were born.

I didn't really care that she left when you were five hours. I only cared about you. That beautiful brunette with green eyes. My daughter. I wish you could look into my mind right now and laugh at how crazy I was when you wouldn't stop crying. Rhodey came in that night worried because I had called him ten times. He wasn't any help. Turns out you were only hungry. Do you know who told me that? Jarvis. And he was right. You fell asleep right after that. 

You were around seven months when you started to walk. You would always try to walk to me when you saw me walking into the house. I would open the door ten times just to see you come to me, smiling and excited that your dad was home.

The day you actually walked I was so happy. I jumped around all the house with you in my arms until Jarvis told me to stop because you could get hurt. I knew I could never let anyone hurt you. You are the light of my life. At night, Jarvis would play to you all the crazy stories that would go through my mind, and just when you were falling asleep he would project the sky at night, full of stars.

Once I asked him why. He said that a book he found on the internet said that stars tended to keep the nightmares away. And you kept mine. That's the day I knew you were my Star. And I have called you that ever since. Pepper thought your name was Star for the first five months of her working in the company because it was the only name I would call you. Until Happy told her that your actual name was Alexandra, and Star was just my nickname for you.

I know that the person who can take your nightmares away is in the same situation that you are. But you have to fight a little more to help her, and help yourself.  I did some research. She has had such a horrible life... I finally understood how happy you make her. Even if you don't know that yourself. You help each other, alright?. You have each other, and you care for each other.

I'm not ready to accept that my little Star has grown up, and she's not little anymore. I don't think I'll ever do. It doesn't matter where you are, or how old you are. You are always going to be my daughter, my little Star.

I love you Star Alexandra Maria Stark. You own my complete heart. Pepper sends her love and says that she will kill me after I finish this for not letting her write anything in this letter. But don't think that I'm making the letter this long just to calm her down... Maybe I am...

P.S. I'm not kidding about the cheeseburgers. I'll buy the whole restaurant if you want.

P.S.2. I hope that you are sleeping with the Iron Bear. I'll be offended if you don't.

P.S.3. Byeeeeee.

P.S.4 I love you. I love you 3000 and beyond infinity. And I can't wait to hold you in my arms one more time.

She saved the letter in the envelope for more time as tears kept running down her face. She pulled her hand out and made the iron bear fly towards her. She cuddled to both the Iron Man bear and the Black Widow's bear. She turned the lights off and slowly fell asleep as Tony's colony rifted her away.