T W E N T Y - O N E

Lexi woke up to the cell of her door covered by a metal one. She took advantage of it and let her thoughts run free. She knew that the door was too strong for her magic to work. And she knew it because her head was quiet. Meaning that Wanda couldn't hear her thoughts either. And that was good because she was thinking of the girl across from her cell. 

Maybe her father was right, and she cared about the sokovian more than she thought. She knew that since Sokovia she felt different towards Wanda. She not only cared, she not only wanted the brunette to be happy. The thought of Wanda being happy and safe with her made her heart beat faster and sent a blush to her cheeks. But thinking of her with someone else made her stomach drop. 

At first, she thought it was just a silly crush. She was used to caring for Wanda like they were family because Hydra made them one. Since they stopped experimenting on her the twins protected her from all the agents. She never really knew why, but she was glad they did. They used to flirt when they were bored. But she would flirt with both of them. It was in her blood, after all. 

Now? Now she wanted to buy a house and live with Wanda in a small town. Where nobody knew them and they could just be themselves. Not experiments, not Avengers. Not a Maximoff and a Stark. Just Lexi and Wanda. Just them. And that idea made Lexi so happy. Because in her imagination having that reality with the European made a mess out of her. 

And she knew that what she told her father was slowly becoming truer as days went by. Lexi would give everything in her world for Wanda. She knew all that and yet the thought of being in love with Wanda never crossed her mind. Because to Lexi Wanda was just her best friend. 

After hours of staring at such door, the objected lifted allowing her to see Clint walking, Sam and Scott in bed and Wanda against the wall. She could hear Clint's thoughts about his family and Wanda's thoughts about Pietro. 

Lexi identified pain, anguish, grief and fear coming from her before Wanda entered her thoughts. "How did you sleep?". "Okay, I guess. It would be better if I could lay in the bed". Both girls came out of their conversation when Clint stopped thinking. He hadn't noticed that Lexi was awake, but wondered why Wanda was thinking. He got to the conclusion she was scared, hypersensitive by fear. He thought they both were, and he wasn't wrong. 

He knew they couldn't stop the guards, and that sent goosebumps down their spine. The three of them knew that he was right because even if they tried the girls would be the affected ones. "I know who terrified you are. But I promise you, everything will be fine". He was anxious. Lexi closed her eyes and moaned in pain as the emotions of Sam and Scott crashed into her, letting Clint know she was awake. Lexi kept her eyes closed and missed the guard entering Wanda's cell. She only realized it when her fear hit her. 

"Please, no. No, please, please".  Lexi took a look at the older brunette slightly shaking. Another guard entered her cell as her body filled with anxiety. "You behaved Princess, I won't hurt you" Lexi shook her head begging with her eyes and words, but the guard ignored everything she did. He took her by her waist and threw her over his shoulder. She didn't have the strength to fight him or kick him. She could only ask him to let her go. 

The guard took her out of the sighed of the Avengers with Wanda and her guard following them right behind. Lexi sighed and prepared herself for what was going to happen. The guards entered a new room with two metal beds and left the girls on them. 

The guards unhooked the straight jackets and took them off the girls. Lexi's arms were pulled over her head as Wanda was turned over. "Please don't do this" Wanda asked before getting slapped against the table. "Shut up". He pulled Wanda up by her hair. "You're so delicate, like a flower" He laughed. The guard on top of Lexi licked her abdomen, getting closer to her pants. 

Wanda screamed as the guard pulled her pants down. Lexi lifted her hand as a reflex and threw him away from her. Her guard slapped her as a new shock wave made contact with her skin and made her scream. Lexi's hands were tied up and she was forced to stay still as the guy slowly pulled her pants down. Wanda let out a hoarse, gasping scream as her guard pushed into her. 

Lexi's eye turned yellow and the energy travelled through her veins. A big ball of energy was created since her palms were together and for the first time since she discovered the powers, Lexi was relieved. The ball quickly explored and sent the guards away from both of them. 

The power of the explosion broke the handcuffed Lexi was pulled into. making her fall to the other side of the room, where seconds later Wanda met her. The collar began to electrocute the brunette but the yellow energy prevented her from feeling anything. She frowned at the guards on the other side of the room and pointed at them with her hands before letting a wave of energy leave her hands and froze the guards. 

The burning sensation came strongly as her powers slowly disappeared. She fell against the wall and tried to held the scream but failed as the collar wouldn't go off. She tried to take the collar away from her neck as tears ran down her face. Wanda held the sobs that wanted to come of her throat and put her hands on top of Lexi's. 

She was scared, but her determination to save the girl she fell for was stronger than her fear. Wanda took a depth breath and let her magic slipped through her fingers and break the collar, turning it off. She took the collar off her neck and threw it away from the brunette. 

The tears were falling from both girls' faces, but relief filled her bodies for a few minutes. "ангел, you don't have to-". "Let me". "But-". Lexi slowly pushed herself towards the girl and did the same thing Wanda had made for her as she looked at Wanda stopping herself from stopping Lexi. She broke the collar on Wanda's neck and threw it away before hugging her relieved. 

She pushed Wanda away and lifted her hands as figures appeared on the door. "Hey! Hey! It's us!" Clint lifted his hands. Lexi sighed and let her hands fall trying to cover her almost naked body. "It's okay, your safe now". Sam passed them the girls' pants and let them slowly dress. Steve took his upper shirt off and went to put it around the girl's body but she backed away as red strands surrounded him and tried to push him away but only made him fall on his back. "Don't touch her!" Wanda's voice was shaking as she tried to hold an angry expression. 

"Wanda, it's okay. I promise" Steve gently said as he stood up. "I know you're scared. But we won't hurt any of you". He looked at Lexi. "I will just put the shirt over to cover you. Okay?" He was calmed. Lexi could feel how worried he was, but he wanted to help her. Nothing more. She slowly nodded and let him put his shirt on her. "They guys told me you can't walk. Is it okay if I take you? " She slowly nodded. Then he turned to Wanda. "Is that okay with you?" Wanda looked at him for a few minutes before nodding. 

He put a hand under her legs and the other behind her back before lifting her. She lay her head on his shoulder as he walked outside the room with Wanda following in Clint's arms. Scott and Sam took guns from the guards Lexi had frozen and followed closely, being prepared for anything they could face as they made their way out of the prison, trusting Steve would get them out of there.