S E V E N T E E N

"A pinch of Paprika" Vision looked at the cooking book before taking the red powder. "A pinch... You know Lexi, I could use your help". "I'm sorry Vis. I don't cook" Lexi replied with a smile as she watched the android trying to prepare food. "You could learn". "That's... Not really a good idea" She chuckled remembering the time Wanda tried to teach her and she burned the kitchen. "Not that I know a lot about it, but Vis I don't think that's paprika". 

"Is that paprikash?" Wanda asked entering the kitchen. "I thought it might lift your spirits". She chuckled as she walked towards him. She took the spoon out of his hand and tested what Vision's been cooking. "Spirits lifted". "In my defence, I haven't actually ever eaten anything before, so-". "May I?". "Please. I asked Lexi for help but-". "Lexi can't cook" Wanda answered with a smile. 

"Told you" Stark chuckled looking away from the scene in front of her eyes. Vision was too close to Wanda to her linking. "Wanda?" He asked moving away from the kitchen. "Hmmm". "No one dislikes you, Wanda". Lexi covered her mouth as a laugh tried to come out of her mouth. Wanda looked at the brunette not knowing how to react to the comment. "Thanks". "Oh, you're welcome" Lexi wasn't able to hold her laugh anymore and she let it go. "No, it's an involuntary response in their amygdala. They can't help but be afraid of you. Of both of you". "Are you?". "My amygdala is synthetic, so". They laughed. "I used to think of myself one way, but after this". She played with her magic. "I'm something else. I'm still me. I think, but that's not what everybody else sees".  

"You are still you. Just a stronger version of yourself" Lexi said smiling. Wanda looked at her and smile, with feelings that Lexi wasn't able to see. "Do you feel the same way?" He asked the brunette. "Sometimes... I'm definitely different from what I used to be... I honestly don't think people see me that way, tho. Sometimes it makes me feel like a stranger". "Do you know, I don't know what this is?" He pointed at the gem in his head. "Not really. I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff. Gave both of you your abilities, but... its true nature is a mystery. And yet, it is a part of me."

"Are you afraid of it?" Lexi asked. "I wish to understand it. The more I do, the less it controls me. One day... Who knows?. I may even control it". "I don't know what's in this, but it is not paprika". Wanda said with a smile. Lexi chuckled and looked at her supposed brother. "I told you". "I'm going to the store. I'll be back in 20 minutes"

Vision walked in front of her to stop her from leaving the kitchen. "Alternatively, we could order a pizza?". "Vision. Are you not letting her leave?" The brunette stood up from the chair and looked at the android. "It is a question of safety". He said looking down. "I can protect myself" Vision pulled his arm up when she tried to move one more time. "Not yours. Mr. Stark would like to avoid the possibility of another public incident. Until the accords are on a more secure foundation".

"And what do you want?". "For people to see you as I do. As we do". Lexi sighed and left the kitchen. She walked to her room being followed by the older woman. "What's going on?". "What do you mean?". "Since what happened in Lagos you've been... Different. What happened back there?".

"Nothing". "Lexi, don't lie to me. I've seen you act differently. You've also been getting more headaches and they nearly knock you to the ground". She said with a worried expression. "Really, it's nothing". She said as kindly as she could, but her head was getting hit with pain. "Alexandra" She warned. "Wanda, I said I'm fine". "But-". "I'm fine!" She yelled.

Her eyes changed colour and yellow magic ran through her veins towards her fingers and strands came out like electricity. In a matter of seconds, a ball of energy was formed in her palms and explored, sending both girls to different sides of the room.

Lexi hit her head with the nightstand before falling to the floor. Her vision blurred but she was able to see the balls of energy growing one more time. She moaned scared trying to stop the energy from growing but every movement she made only made them bigger. "Lexi, Lex. It's okay. Calm down, sweetheart. Calm down" She said. "No!" She pulled her hands away from her. "I don't want to hurt you". 

She's scared, and the only one she worries about is me, Wanda thought. She put her hands on Lexi's face and made her look at her. "Let me help you". The brunette was shaking but Wanda was able to reach her hands. She put them on top of Lexi's and surrounded them with red energy. "This is the first time that has happened, right?" Lexi nodded. "I've never seen this type of magic before" Her voice was shaking.

Wanda looked at her without stopping the magic. "Something did happen in Lagos... There". The red energy pushed the yellow away until it completely disappeared. "You're alright". "I just send you to the other side of the room and you're telling me I'm okay". She said sarcastically. "I'm everything but alright, okay?. I'm... I'm dangerous!". 

"You're not!" She said demandingly. "We'll figure it out, kay?" She smiled. "But whatever is making this magic act on you, you're not dangerous". She hugged the shaken brunette and kissed her head. "You're not" She whispered against her head. 

The brunette cuddled in the woman's arms feeling peace take over her as she relaxed and watched the wall in front of her still in Wanda's arms. There was a big hole that destroyed half of her room. A paper fell to the floor and she left the comfort of the girl's arms to get it. Her eyes filled with tears and she sighed as she held the paper close to her. 

Wanda gently lifted her up and took her to the living room. They cuddled on the couch and turned the tv on to pass the day. At some point in the afternoon, Vision joined them, but Lexi was very much asleep at that point. When she woke up it was dark, and she had a blanket around her. She was resting on a pillow as Wanda and Vision stared at a window.

"What is it?". "Stay here, please". Vision flew through the wall. Wanda gasped and turned around surrounding a knife and making it point at the exit, stopping just in time to not hurt Clint. He jerked his head and smiled. "Guess I shoulda knocked". 

"Oh, my God! What are you doing here?". "Disappointing my kids". Clint took arrows and shoot them at opposite walls. "I'm supposed to go water skiing. Lexi, get your ass up". She grounded. "UP!". He took Wanda's hand. "Cap needs our help. Come on... Alexandra Maria Stark get your ass up or else". He treated using his dad's voice. She sighed and stood up.

"Clint!. You should not be here" Clint let go of Wanda's hand and turned around. "Really? I retire for, what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit". "Please consider the consequences of your actions". "Okay, they're considered" He pressed the button of the bow and the arrows electrocuted Vision. "Okay, we gotta go". Both girls stood in place as Clint ran away. He quickly turned around when he didn't hear the girls' footsteps. "It's this way". 

"We've caused enough problems". She pulled her sleeves down. Vision kept being electrocuted by the arrows behind the girls. Vision could make his body demolish and the three adults knew the electricity wasn't going to hold them forever. Clint sighed and walked back to them. "You gotta help me, girls. Look, you wanna mope you can go to high school. You wanna make amends you get off your asses. Shit". 

Vision shot at the arrows with the stone destroying them. Clint took an arrow and shot at Vision, which went right through him. Clint tried to hit him with the bow but Vision stopped it and punched him. The archer felt and rolled around his back. "I knew I should've stretched". He took the stick out. He proceeded to fight Vision but failed at it. Vision would either stop him or let him pass through him. Clint didn't have a chance against him and they all knew it. 

The stick broke when Clint tried to hit Vision with it. He tried to kick him, but that didn't work either. Wanda looked at the brunette when fear filled her over. The girl closed her eyes when she felt the known sensation of her eyes changing colour. "Clint, you can't overpower me". "I know I can't. But they can".