Happiness

Chapter 1

The room seemed to lose all its air, as Yuna looked at them slightly unsure. She looked down at herself, only to see the body of a stranger. The unsettling emotions radiated off of her, hitting her guardian and Tsunade full force.

“W-what's wrong wit-with me..?”

The jounin hushed her, petting behind her ear. “Nothing, you've just got a little memory loss.” He soothed, scratching at the spot under her ear that he knew she loved as a child.

The beast began to chur, despite the situation. Her tails curled, a little, seeming to come back to life.

“Tsunade-sama, with your permission, I'd like to take Yuna home.” Ibiki said, smiling at the new side of the kyuubi.

“She should at least stay over night, I'm sure Naruto and Sakura will want to see her.”

“No.”

Tsunade looked at him in confusion. “Why not?”

“She doesn't remember them,” He pointed out. “Besides, perhaps now I can raise her the way I should have sixteen years ago.”

Seeing the kyuubi react to his hand the way she did, Tsunade couldn't help but smile a little. She looked so harmless and tame, like a house cat. “I'll expect a report on her behavior at the end of the week.”

The jounin nodded, turning to leave with the kitsune. She followed right behind him, her arms wrapped around his, leaning against him like a small child, though she was about a foot and a half shorter than him now. Making him smile as he remembered how small she used to be.

They stopped long enough for her to change into the clothes that had been with her when Naruto found her. Ibiki could only imagine how the jinjuriki had felt when he found her impaled on the wall of rock.

He made a mental note to get her new clothes as he finally noticed how revealing the ones she had on were. Her back, sides and stomach were revealed, yet she didn't seem the slightest bit embarrassed that anyone could see the lateral part of her breast.

It must be something she wears often. He concluded, but he still didn't want her walking around in it.

“Ibiki-sama, my apartment is that way...” Yuna mumbled, pointing opposite of where the man's own home was. He'd forgotten they hadn't lived together when she was young.

“No Yuna. You moved in with me a while back.” He replied, hoping she would never remember the horrible events that had brought her to live with him.

Yuna looked around curiously as he brought her to his apartment. She smiled a little, he wondered if she remembered living here. He expected her to let go of his arm and go exploring, but the beast stayed at his side, not even loosening her grip on his arm. Her tails curling at the tips.

“You can go get comfortable in your room. I'll make some supper.” He offered, moving toward the kitchen, but hesitated when she followed him.

An adorable blush had lifted onto her cheeks as she stared down at her shoes. “Where is my room?” He barely heard her, but suddenly understood just how much of her memories she'd locked up.

He sighed, giving her a soft smile. “Come with me.” She nodded, never releasing her grip as he lead her to the third door on the right. “The bathroom is right next door.”

The kyuubi peaked in her room, slightly hesitant. She pulled Ibiki with her, not releasing his sleeve. He laughed at the small smile that formed on her lips when she deemed the room safe enough to release his arm.

She churred softly, walking against the wall, all the way around the room. Brushing her fur against it. She froze as she came to her mirror, staring at herself like she would an enemy. Her fur bristling as she hissed.

“Yuna, what are you doing?”

The kitsune ignored him, backing away from the kyuubi in the mirror. “Ibiki, who is this?” Her voice was low, near a growl, telling him she wasn't joking around.

“Yuna, that's you..” he said, coming to stand behind her. Her eyes went wide as she touched the mirror, her hand shaking as she traced over her eyelids, then wiggled her tails. She must not have seen herself as well in the hospital room.

He watched her eyes glow with realization as she sat before the mirror, her tails quivering a little. “I forgot... I changed when I met Tou-san...” She mumbled, her eyes glistening with tears.

Ibiki furrowed his brow, it appeared he was going to have to raise her quickly or she'd remember before he could change her allegiances.

One of her tails curled around her hand as she stared down at them. Her gaze softening. The interrogator looked at her in slight awe. Never ever in all his life and all the time he'd known the kitsune had he ever seen such a relaxed, yet regretful look in the girl's stance.

She moved gracefully, going back to his side. Her hands moved to occupy his, her body leaning against him. “What happened to me? Why did I forget?”

The last thing he wanted to do was answer her questions, that would mean jeopardizing his second chance at raising her, but he also knew he couldn't lie to her. He'd have to tell her, just leave out a few details.

“You got hurt. You were nearly dead when we found you.” He said, going around the important parts.

Her lips pressed into a firm line as she seemed to think this through. Ibiki was slightly worried by this reaction, as he was sure she wouldn't argue if she hadn't remembered.

“Kyuubi caused Ibiki-sama a lot of suffering...” She concluded to herself, lifting her gaze to meet his.

He gave her a sad smile, shaking his head. “But she also caused a lot of happiness.”

----------

Kinaru: Wooo! First chapter! I know it's short, I'm sorry. I've got some plans for the next one, I just didn't want to put too much in right away.

Also a little heads up, I know in the original story, Pain comes to attack the village like a week after Itachi and Jiraiya die, but I'm gonna drag it out a little more, maybe to a month? Perhaps throw in a little Gaara action? Hint hint wink wink. Hahaha I dunno.

A lot can happen, there are a lot of things I could have take place in a month. But ya look forward to that.

Oh ya, here's a little secret *leans in close* I don't own Naruto! Just Yuna-chan!

Please vote follow and review. I always love to hear from my wonderful and dedicated readers. I mean really, if you're still with me now, you should get a gold medal for Loyalty.

Hehe, so enough of my jabbering. I guess I'll talk to you ladies and gents in a couple days?

-

-

-

-

-

SAD NINJA OUT!!!!