Mah, She's Fine

Chapter 15

Yuna dropped the curtain as she stared out the window. The early morning sun had the sky died pink as she took in where she was. But that was just it. She had no idea where she was. She felt like she was in the middle of no mans land.

There were no buildings, no trees, no vegetation of any kind. Yuna pressed her hands against the glass. All she saw were rock formations. This was nowhere near Ame or Konoha. Where had her captor taken her? She wasn't sure she wanted to know.

The demon's eyes narrowed as she focused her gaze on the glass, it was the last thing that stood between her and freedom.

"I'm going home." She hissed at it, raising her fist to break it, after already finding no other way to open it. But a strong hold on her upper arm stopped her.

"Now now, there's no need for violence." The cloaked man's voice reached her ears as he blocked the kick she had aimed for his head.

"Where have you taken Kyuubi?! This is not near the leaf!" She hissed, her demonic red eyes burning with the ferocity of a forest fire.

"Of course not, why would I leave you in the arms of the enemy? I brought you here, where Kyuubi would be safe." He said beckoning to the outside. "No one is looking for you here. An ideal place to raise an Uchiha, is it not?"

The crimson kitsune turned faster than the man had expected, her eyes wide with shock and confusion. She moved away from his outstretched hand, feeling very vulnerable.

"H-how... How did you know that...?" Her voice trembled as she thought of how few people knew of her relationship to the fallen raven.

The stranger chuckled. "You're really pathetic, Kyuubi." He cooed, approaching her in relaxed steps, his hand reaching out to grab her. But feeling her safety endangered, the redette lashed out. He nails growing out as she willed them to rip the man's throat out.

"Temper temper." He dodged easily, enjoying her growing annoyance.

Her strikes were sloppy. The demon being more focused on releasing his blood than she was on his body movements. So she didn't see his hand coming till it crashed into the side of her jaw, sending her head back.

"You aren't focusing, if you really wanted me dead, you could have killed me by now." He chastised, sending a blow to her stomach. But it never connected. Claws dug into his hand and wrist as the beast refused to allow his fist to come any closer.

She could almost see him smirk. "Interesting, mother instincts have already kicked in. I thought you didn't want a baby, Kyuubi?"

Her lips pulled back in a sneer as she shoved him away, with more force than he anticipated. "This like in me is the only part of Itachi I have left, and I'll be damned if I let someone take his child away from me!"

The stranger chuckled, coming back toward her. "I think two kyuubi are enough. We don't need more running around and killing."

She hissed, dodging as he went to attack her again. She would not allow this man to harm her child. For the first time, since Itachi's death, she felt like she had a reason to keep on living. She understood why her husband had wanted to keep her alive. 

To carry on his name and legacy. She smiled despite the situation at hand. 'I love you so much, my Darling Itachi.' She thought, imagining the smiling face of her beloved.

Seeing the kyuubi had distracted herself, the man moved in, swiping her legs out from under her. Before she'd even thought to get up, the cloaked man kicked her in the side. Sending her back into the wall under the window.