They Can't Have You

Kinaru: You readers are awesome, and I'm sorry some of you cried in the last chapter. The most I can do is give you an imaginary box of tissues *holds out box of tissues* and hope to lift your spirits with this next chapter.

Enjoy!

Chapter 31

She wanted to turn back, to fight by his side, prove they still made the perfect team. But the look he sent her. Yuna whimpered, the sharingan gaze flashing in her head.

That look would forever haunt her dreams. He'd never looked at her like that before. Not even when he was really mad at her. There had been so much pain and hate in that one glare, that she felt the strength of their love diminish.

Though the kyuubi was sure the hate had not been meant for her, she couldn't help but feel it was part of a deep loathing Itachi had held for her. He had lied to himself for so long, who was to say he hadn't tricked himself into loving the demoness he'd been assigned to recruit for Akatsuki.

Yuna grimaced, now she was just being ridiculous. Of course the Uchiha loved her, that was why he'd been so worried about where she would end up after he died.

The beast shook her head of these negative thoughts, as she raced to where she could feel very familiar chakra. Naruto and her Otou-san weren't far off. To her disgust she could also sense Tobi, and... was that the eight tails?

Unfortunately, they were not alone, if her senses were right, that was Kakashi and that weird leaf jounin's chakra. Taking in more of the presences around her, Yuna found another chakra she knew well. There were five more with it, but only two of them were familiar.

The ground suddenly shook, a large amount of wind and debris flying toward her. The tailed beast shielded her head, as she tried to make out where the attack had come from.  But the cloud of dust surrounding her made it difficult for her to do so. It had definitely been too long since she'd been out in the field.

The abrupt beams of light, rising from the fog, had her glancing back the way she'd come. A single light flared up into the sky, following the rest. Shining brighter than the others, in her eyes. Yuna smiled softly, she knew it was his soul returning to its rightful place in heaven.

"Goodbye Itachi."

Her soul may have been dammed from birth, but she hoped, if ever she was freed from this curse of immortality. That she might join him behind those golden gates in the clouds.

She had to tear her gaze away when his light finally vanished. It was time for her to join the shinobi forces in battle. She pushed past the ripped up earth, stumbling ungracefully out into the open.

"-the complete susanoo, it is said that anyone who has seen it dies..."

Yuna's eyes went wide as she looked up to see none other than Uchiha Madara, in all his armored glory. He looked far too young to be the man she'd learned about at the academy, and he was supposed to be dead. The first Hokage killed him in the Valley of the End.

"It would be a bit disgraceful to pull it out again... after withdrawing it once already.." He continued.

The kyuubi had no idea if he had seen her yet, but she was more than thankful she'd left her chakra concealed. The ancient man scowled, his arms crossed over his chest. Yuna almost thought he was pouting.

"My enjoyment is ruined. I guess I might as well go get the Kyuubi now..."

The free part of said demon froze, her blood running cold. She'd not only heard, but witnessed first hand, how a sharingan user could manipulate kyuubi to do their bidding. She didn't want to find out how he would extort her powers.

Yuna watched as the really small, old man went to attack. What was he thinking taking the man on by himself.

"Tsuchikage-sama! This is not an opponent we can beat!" A young, tousled looking, red haired woman called out to him.

It was then the tailed beast realized these were the five kages battling the mad man.

"But we must!" The Tsuchikage yelled. "We must stop him here!"

"Unsightly." Madara said, looking beyond amused.

As the red headed and largely built kage went to help the elder, Yuna began to back away. If the Uchiha got a hold of her, it would be just as bad as him getting Kurama. He'd just get the fun sized version.

It was at that precise moment that Gaara noticed the crimson beasty, that was not supposed to be anywhere near there. His eyes widened as he tried not to call any attention to the no longer pregnant kitsune. Yet still made his way to her, while the man with sharingan was otherwise entertained.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded, ducking behind the boulder, she was hiding behind. "You were supposed to stay in Konoha, even after you delivered."

She gave him her best innocent look, as she knew she was in for quite the lecture when this was all over and done with. "Mah, you can't expect kyuubi to sit by and do nothing while everyone else is fighting."

"We can handle ourselves. You need to go back to your cub."

The demoness scowled. "The proper term is 'kits' and Kyuubi can see you're struggling." She hissed, pointing at where Madara had just cast the Tsuchikage and Mizukage down. "Correction, you're going to lose without me, mah."

Gaara gave her a shocked look, for a moment, before it turned into a soft glare. "If he gets his hands on you we all lose."

"Stop worrying, kyuubi can take care of herself!"

The kitsune's voice was a little too loud, as the Uchiha noticed the Kazekage off to the side. Noticing the man looking at him, Gaara did the only thing he could think of to protect the demon.

"Forgive me Yuna.."

With that, he pushed her back, using his sand to crowd rocks around her. Making sure to bury her completely under the stones. He couldn't allow the power hungry Uchiha to get  one of the most important people in his life. He only hoped the demon would show him mercy when he dug her back up.

The Kazekage turned, deflecting the man's attack as he stood to protect the love of his life. He wouldn't let the enemy have her, Naruto, or Bee.