Yuna's Decision

Kinaru: first off, just want to say you readers are amazing! I can't imagine a better way of starting the day, than by reading all your comments.

Also, before I get the ball rolling, just another warning for spoilers, if you have not read Naruto Chapter 578, I recommend you do that now.

That will be the last warning I will be giving, so please don't flame me for spoilers.

Without further a do... I give you..

Chapter 29

All air seemed to be sucked from the cavern as Yuna looked to the entrance. She had to peek over Itachi's shoulder to see. Being the Uchiha seemed to be masking her presence with his own.

"Are you... Orochimaru?!"

The demon froze in her lover's arms, knowing that voice far too well. She didn't want it anywhere near her husband. He was the reason Itachi hadn't been there when she kitted.

"Hehe... Not exactly.." Kabuto chuckled, glancing from the corner of his eye to see the younger Uchiha brother.

"Your voice... Kabuto..!"

"I wasn't expecting my compensation for helping with this war to come here of its own accord.. This is lucky." The cloak covered man cooed, before bringing his gaze to the crimson demon Itachi was hiding from his brother.

He was whispering something into her ear, that the spy could just barely make out, he clearly didn't want them to hear what he was telling his wife.

"You need to leave. I'll only bring you more sorrow." He said quietly.

Her whimper was just as silent, not drawing attention to them, till she went to kiss him again.

Knowing Itachi would hate him for revealing the kyuubi's presence, Kabuto's smirk grew. "You need your husband Yuna. He'll be good for your kit." The spy enjoyed the glare he received, and the way Itachi protectively help his demon wife.

"What are yo-" Sasuke began to say, but the voice of the crimsonette cut him off.

"Mah, and you're just the good Samaritan helping kyuubi?" The kitsune hissed, accusingly.

"Well... you can't get something for nothing..." The snake cooed, slowly approaching the couple. Sasuke looked like he was ready to break into the conversation. But again Yuna prevented him from doing so.

"What do you want Kabuto?"

"I just want a blood sample, from your little fox cub."

"No!" Itachi reacted almost instantly, pushing Yuna behind him. "You won't touch my family!"

Sasuke's brow furrowed as he looked at his brother and sister in-law. It still felt weird thinking the kyuubi was part of his family now. "What cub?"

Yuna blushed, looking away from the younger raven. "The proper term is 'kits.'" She mumbled.

"Plural? How large was the litter?" Kabuto asked with great interest, all eyes suddenly turned on the kitsune, making her very self conscious.

Even Itachi was looking at her with slightly wide eyes. He'd never expected to have children with the crimson beast. Now he had more than one with the demoness?

"Three... Two boys and a girl, mah.." She looked up to meet Itachi's sharingan gaze with her own flaming red.

Time seemed to slow as he pulled her into his cool embrace, his chin resting on the top of her head. "I'm sorry I had to leave you to raise them alone." He whispered. "What do they lo-"