Mysterious Man

Chapter 12

Gaara sighed softly, still staring at where Yuna had vanished. She'd changed so much since their first meeting. They both had. Though it appeared the demon still clung tightly to her deep hatred for the leaf.

He finally turned back the way he'd come, still thinking of the crimson beauty. As an ally of Konoha he would have to alert them of her crossing his path, yet he felt his personal duty to the kitsune was to keep her appearance a secret.

Shaking his head, the Kazekage sighed again. If he notified Konoha they would ask why he hadn't capture nor attacked her. He wasn't sure he wanted to answer that question just yet.

He folded his hands behind his back, taking slow steps back to Suna, part of him slightly hoping that the kyuubi would return to his location and he'd be able to see her again. Frowning, he realized he'd have to come up with a good cover story for why he had left the village without telling a soul.

Kankuro would surely be mad, the kage had no doubt missed the meeting he had been scheduled to attend that day. Gaara smirked a little, thinking of his brother.

The sand-nin had been angry with him the last time they had met Yuna. If it was up to the puppet master, the kyuubi would have been locked up for sure. The red head looked down at his hand, the one that had touched where Yuna's scars resided over her heart.

He still could hardly believe Sasuke had been able to succeed in beating her. He could recall the rumors he'd heard of how the kitsune had a record of never being beaten in a spar or battle. He sighed again, the nostalgia was not good for him.

Yuna was not who she had once been, just as he was no longer who he had once been.

-------------

Yuna growled softly, her stomach constricting. She was just about ready to go back to Konoha and murder a certain interrogator, when she noticed she was no longer in the forest. Where she had been when she went to sleep.

Her body still curled into a ball, the demon felt around, feeling smooth sheets. She'd though it had been to comfortable to be grass and rocks. But how had she ended up in what she expected was a bed?

The kyuubi hesitantly opened her eyes, only to find she was under a light sand colored sheet, matching the bedding underneath her. She noticed quickly she'd been using the mattress and sheets below her as a scratching post, if the feathers and torn fabric were any indication.

Frowning, she whipped the sheets off, sending feathers soaring into the air. She might have been tempted to bat them away, if she hadn't been so confused as to where she was, or that right now she was more focused on finding the closest restroom.

Her stomach lurched, as though demanding she find one sooner than she was. It was all the demon could to stumble out of the room and keep opening doors till she found what she needed. The thought of whether she was alone or not in the structure had vanished as she was more focused on the porcelain bowl she was emptying her small lunch into.

And the thought didn't come back to her till another set of hands helped pull her hair back and rubbed soothing circles on her upper back.

“Where is kyuubi?” The kitsune asked, when her stomach finally gave her a rest, she didn't have the strength to lift her head and see who her captor was.

“You're safe, that's all that matters.”

The demon scowled at the slightly unfamiliar voice and chakra signature, and attempted to raise her head, but they stopped her.

“I wouldn't move too much, Kyuubi. I doubt your body has enough energy even to continue functioning properly.” The person said.

She scowled, feeling their cool hands loop under her arms, using their own strength to lift his up, not even allowing the kitsune to hold her own weight. The most they allowed her to do was rest her head on their shoulder.