10- Hard to Know

"You seem to be distracted, Supreme Leader." Hux and Kylo stood facing their army of Stormtroopers at the front of the training room. The helmeted troopers held guns and fired them at targets, switching over with another once in a while. The planet killing weapon was so close to being charged and finished that Hux smiled most of the time at the death that was nearby, and at the rising First Order army, but mostly at the weakness he sensed in Kylo.

Ever since the shower incident with Rey from a few nights ago, the force had not provided a connection, this meant that Kylo was thoroughly angry and reived at the same time. He had been keeping himself busy and blind to the fact that he had almost kissed Rey, by working even harder than usual, overseeing his army's transformation in person, and training himself harder. Kylo could sense Hux's happiness, but he also knew that the general saw something in him that Kylo himself felt.

"I am not distracted General Hux, merely tired of your constant pleasure" Kylo replied.

"Still not sleeping I assume" said Hux, the noise of the troopers blasting blocking their conversation from any nearby.

Kylo didn't answer. Hux took that as a no.

"Well, don't completely ignore my advice Ren- Supreme Leader" said Hux. "Drinks always does the trick."

"You would know that wouldn't you" Kylo said. He turned away and walked from the training hall.

It was mid morning, Hux was right, Kylo hadn't slept at all last night. His mind still set on Rey's beauty and their closeness the other night. There was no denying it now, Kylo's heart seemed to have the irritating idea that they were destined to be together.

Kylo reached his quarters and walked in. He ordered for droids to bring him lunch, as he ate, all that was on his mind in his dark chambers was her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After eating with Poe, Finn, and Rose, Rey decided that she needed to do some training. Bringing Ben back was working, gradually, but Rey knew that she would still need to fight for him. But as Rey twirled her sabre around, clashing with Finn's weapon, who joined her training, she knew that even if he did come back, everything would be different, and so would he. She also knew that to fight the First Order, she needed another teacher.

"Rey" Finn said as he blocked another one of her attacks. "Are you alright. You don't look very focused."

"What" Rey was shaken from her thought. "Oh, yeah, I wouldn't say that my head's exactly in all of this."

"Let's stop then, wouldn't want to get beaten by me again" teased Finn.

"When did that happen" laughed Rey.

"So, where is your head" asked Finn as the two sat down next to each other, the base was quiet, Poe and Rose had called a meeting to improve flying techniques and what to do if your engine breaks down in a fight.

"Ben" Rey mumbled.

Finn sighed.

"Rey, we've been over this, Ben Solo is dead, there's only Kylo Ren now."

"No Finn, Ben's alive, I know he is."

"How would you know, its not like you've seen him recently, and even if you had he would have done what he always tries to do to you, fight you and then seduce you to the dark side." Fin said.

"No Finn!" Rey jumped up and looked down at him. "He wouldn't hurt me, and I'm beginning to think that even Kylo wouldn't hurt me."

"Think what you like Rey, but please be carful, I can't lose you." Finn stood up. "He only won't hurt you because he needs you on his side."

Finn walked away. A single tear trailed down Rey's face. Was Ben really Kylo? Did he only want her for the darkness? More tears fell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She hadn't even noticed. The freshening scent of the resistance base forest no longer surrounded Rey's smell, instead the familiar scent of herbs and cold air did. She was in Kylo's chambers again.

Rey sat on the end of his bed, her head buried in her hands as she sobbed.

"Rey" a gentle, hesitant voice came from across the room. Rey's head came up and she realised where she was, jumping to her feet her eyes went to Kylo. He walked from the door towards her. He had been surprised to see her, especially crying, but so very much relieved.

"Are you alright?" he said, Ben Solo was showing.

"Yes" she answered, brushing herself down, wiping her tears away, and tucking loose strands of her hair to the sides.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I am" she snapped.

Kylo was slightly shocked by her change of tone.

"Is it true?" Rey demanded.

"What?" said Kylo.

"You only won't hurt me because you want me here, on the dark side" she sobbed out. "There's no other reason."

"What other reason would there be?" Kylo said quietly.

"I don't know, Ren!" Rey yelled. "I just thought that maybe things were changing, but I was wrong obliviously!"

"Yeah Rey!" Kylo shouted. "You were wrong!"

"I hate you. You murderer!" Rey drew her sabre, the blue light illuminating the dark room.

"Well I don't hate you" said Kylo.

Rey lost it, she ran at him, lightsaber in hand, bringing it down on him. Kylo dodged it, but as he did, he saw the pain in her eyes, the love, he lost himself for a moment, Rey didn't miss the opportunity. The blue of her saber swiped across Kylo's skin, cutting the flesh open. Blood poured out and Kylo dropped to his knees.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, I might do another one today if I have time. What will happen to Kylo? What will Rey do? Will Ben make the foolish mistake of taking Hux's advice, alcohol with Rey might not be a great idea.