15- Easy to mistake

"They're coming! The First Order are coming!"

Everyone in the resistance was either loading cargo onto ships, readying themselves with guns, or sobbing on the ground. It had taken a lot to pull Chewie up from the floor and put him in the Falcon's drivers seat, it had also taken a lot to pry Poe away from Leia's dead body. In the end Resistance ships were in the air ready to jump to lightspeed to escape the attack from the First Order, Poe lead the fighters in his X-Wing with BB-8 in the back, he was more angry than hell. He couldn't believe that Leia's own son would attack so soon, she was his mother! Rose clung onto C3-PO and R2-D2 in the main hanger of the falcon, she could hear Rey yelling orders through the radio in the drivers seat of the falcon with Chewie bawling next to her. Finn was sitting in a chamber of the falcon, holding the laser shooter, ready to take down any TIE fighters he saw. Leia's body was covered by a white sheet, no one knew what to do, but Maz looked over her as they flew. As the screams of TIE fighters came into earshot, the battle began, but it was already clear that the First Order would have victory.

Rey's cheeks were stained with tears, she had felt Leia's death, she knew Ben had as well, but she couldn't believe he would attack so soon. She still had a headache from everything she drank the night before, all she begged for now was a connection with Ben, not Kylo. 

They were shot all around, even Poe was, fuel was low as well. There was no way to survive.

"Rey! Chewie! Retreat!" Poe yelled through his controls as his X-Wing's engine flamed. Suddenly a high pitched, nasal voice came through the radio.

"This is General Hux of the First Order" The radio said. "You are low on fuel and your engines flaming. Your only chance of survival is to come onboard our Star Destroyer in peace, if you do not we will not hesitate to end your Resistance scum."

"Poe?" Rey asked through the radio, hearing this message. There was no answer at first until...

"Resistance flyers! This is Poe Dameron" Poe said. "Retreat onto the First Order Star Destroyer! Lay your weapons down! It's over."

"Chewie?" Rey looked at the Wookie who hung his head in defeat. "Okay."

Poe and the other Resistance flyers had landed in the launch bay of the Star Destroyer where their hands were up and weapons laid down. Stormtroopers surrounded them, and as Rey, Rose, Chewie, Finn, and the droids came down the Falcon's ramp, it was clear that Hux was there as well.

"Welcome to the Star Destroyer of the First Order, where you all shall rot and starve as your minds break into nothing but darkness and evil." Hux announced. "Take them to the dungeons, I have a little surprise for them later."

The remaining resistance members were escorted away in single file, their hands still above their heads.

"Take the droids to the kitchens, they can be crushed there" Hux said, looking at R2, 3PO, and BB-8. "And the girl" he continued looking at Rose. "She shall pay for her disrespect towards me. As for you, FN-2187, maybe you will finally see where your life decisions went wrong" Poe passed the General, giving him a dirty look. "I don't think I even need to say anything about you, Piolet."

"The light will never die! Especially not now!" shouted Finn.

"Is that so?" a deep voice came into the Launch bay. Finn and Poe immediately tried to charge, but failed miserably as they couldn't get out of their Stormtrooper's grip. Rose narrowed her eyes and sunk into fear. 3PO muttered something like "Oh no" and Chewie roared. It was Kylo Ren, his cloak billowed behind him as he walked long strides, he avoided eye contact with Rey and turned to Chewie, completely ignoring Finn who was shouting horrible things at him.

"Hello again" Kylo said to the Wookie. Chewie roared at him pleading him to see sense. 

"I can't give in now" Kylo said quietly so that only he and Chewie could hear. Then Chewie said something that made Kylo's eyes soften a little, Rey saw it, no one else did.

"Take them away" Kylo said after having a silent conversation with Chewbacca. The troopers began to walk again, Rey passed Kylo.

"Not her" Kylo said, still not looking at Rey. The guards let go of Rey, she stood in front of Kylo, trying to make him see her.

"Ben" she whispered.

"Ren, what are you doing. Do not be manipulated." Hux gritted his teeth at Kylo. Kylo ignored him and his eyes gave in and met with Rey's, he saw betrayal and hurt, she saw pain and sadness.

"REY!" Finn struggled. "Don't touch her." But he disappeared out of sight, his screaming for Rey still heard all the way to the dungeons.

"Where is she?" Kylo asked, his face like stone. Rey knew who he meant.

"On a transport with Maz" she said quietly.

"Leave us" Kylo said to Hux.

"Don't fall for it" said Hux as he walked out of the launch bay. The two Jedi were left alone, staring into each other's eyes.

"Come" Kylo deep voice said, turning away without a look behind him.

 "Ben?" Rey ran after him. "Please stop, come back" she begged, tears streaming down her face. "You're hurting me. Please."

Kylo turned. They were alone in a corridor, but he was aware that cameras would be watching. A store room was next to them, Kylo knew they would be truly alone in there. He turned the metal handle of the door and pushed Rey inside. It was a small space, tight, they faced each other, Rey looking up at him.

"Did they hurt you?" he asked.

"No" she said, wiping her tears away.

"I never meant to hurt you" he said.

"I know" she said. "But Ben, this isn't your path. I need you." She ran her hands through his hair.

"And I need you."

Tears fell from both of their eyes, trailing down their cheeks as their lips met over and over. Neither knew what was going to happen next.