17- Hard and Easy

"Hux!" Kylo announced from the entrance to the control room. Everyone fell silent and pretended to work. Kylo strode forward towards the general who was stood at the front of the operations.

"What is she doing here" Hux spat out as Rey followed Kylo's steps staying close to his tall figure.

"She is someone that you will respect. I have made the decision to let the Resistance prisoners go free, we can get them to sign a surrender form and then the galaxy can be at peace. We have won the war, there is no need for anymore fighting. The First Order can over look the galaxy as light and dark" said Kylo.

"Are you out of your mind? I am not giving up everything I have fought for just because you have a soft spot for a scavenger!" Hux said. The ginger man was lifted into the air by Kylo using the force, he grabbed at his neck, trying desperately to breathe.

"I am the Supreme Leader, you will speak to me with respect, General Hux, or you will not be so lucky next time" Kylo snarled with Rey still at his side.

"Ben, let him go" Rey whispered. Ben looked at her, and gradually lowered his hand, he turned towards the other commanding officers.

"Attention! The war is over, let the resistance prisoners go free, this galaxy will be at peace. The First Order has won the war, there is no need to fight any longer. Send this message out to any scouting ships of ours, and every planet with inhabitance. We live in peace." Kylo announced. There were nods and beeps as the message was sent out, for a moment it looked like everything was going to be okay, then the nasal voice of Hux came to earshot. The general lay on the floor, still breathing heavily, he raised his pink face and spoke to Kylo, disgusted.

"You are weak, Ren, weak for that scavenger, that nobody, you are the traitor from now one. A son of a Princess and a Scoundrel, a feeble prince"

Kylo lost it. He spun around as quick as lightning and his hand flew out towards Hux. Everyone in the room heard the general's neck snap, Hux was gone. His eyes open as he lay dead, his neck drooping to one side. Kylo stormed out of the room, Rey ran after him.

"Ben!" Rey shouted as she ran after the man through the halls.

"Not now Rey" he said.

"I don't blame you for doing that, he called me a scavenger, I glad you reacted like that" she said.

"Didn't it scare you?" his eyes were darker than ever.

"No" she answered.

"I should have" he said.

"No it shouldn't. We are free, Ben. We can do anything, go anywhere, we can be together" Rey took his hands. "Please."

"I'll hold you to that" Kylo pulled Rey towards him giving her a deep kiss. "Let's go get your friends."

xxx

A couple of weeks later...

Rey saw it. Her future. She knew now what to do. Ben came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her middle and kissing her head. The galaxy was a peace, finally, and she survived it all! She leant into Ben, they had not been apart, not once, since the uniting of evil and dark. Everything was going to be okay.

"All these years, why couldn't light and dark have united sooner" said Rey as she looked upon the stars and far off worlds outside the window of her and Ben's home.

"Because without the adventure, the past, light and dark wouldn't have existed. You can't have the opposite alive while the other dies" Ben answered. "That's why you can't have Ben without Rey, and you can't have Rey without Ben."

And he was right. They were dyad in the force. They were the Dyad of the galaxy.

The End xx