Episode 23: Sakura Minamoto!

"If I follow my dreams, I know my future will be full of happiness and excitement!"

Hello everyone and welcome to the 23rd Episode of Ask or Dare: Cartoon and Anime All-Stars Character Logs! Today's episode is all about the aspiring idol of the undead, Sakura Minamoto!

Origins

Sakura is the main protagonist of Zombie Land Saga, which first aired on Tokyo MX in Japan and Crunchyroll in America on October 4, 2018. Her Japanese VA is Kaede Hondo while her dub VA is Brina Palencia.

Age

17 (Season 1-2), 18 (Season 3-4), 19 (Season 5), 20 (Present)

Alignment

Secondary Protagonist

Background and Personality

Out of all of the characters in the show so far, Sakura's background has been constantly evolving. Before she was killed, she was an ordinary girl who had to face continuous misfortunes due to bad luck and physical and mental effort, which likely gave her depression. After she was being killed and turned into a zombie, she become immortal, lost her memories and suffered amnesia. When she had regained her memories, she became depressed once again and became hostile to her own friends. Luckily, she was able to get over her depression and move on and now Sakura had adopted a sweet and kindhearted personality.

Friends & Allies

Shade (Boyfriend), Ai Mizuno, Brando, Kanade, Mackenzie, Lincoln, Lori, Minako, G, Honoka (Love Live), Urara & Musa

Rivals

Haruhi, Aqua & Nico Yazawa

Enemies

Julie & Reina

Inclusion and Role in the Show

Sakura first made her debut in Episode 30: Best Friends Forever, alongside Clyde and Sid and is also another series staple, and has been solidified as one of the main characters in the series. When joining the show, she tried to hide her true zombie identity from the rest of the cast as she feared they would try and kill her, but that plan backfired less than 5 episodes later when Brando ratted her out and revealed her true identity, forcing her to explain her backstory and how she became a zombie, thinking no one would want to accept her. Luckily, the cast accepted her for who she is and promised not to kill her so long as she doesn't try to eat any of our brains.

Relationships with Other Characters

Shade: Sakura's boyfriend. She first met the shy necromancer during his debut in Episode 35, where she adored him for his shy but sweet personality. They then started dating 3 episodes later and became a couple! While their relationship was in Jeopardy in Episode 85: Lincoln x Sakura, we managed to fix their relationship and as of now, it's still going strong!

Ai: Sakura's favorite idol and close friend. It took a while for them to click, but they managed to get along.

Haruhi: Sakura's arch-rival. Ever since Haruhi put her & Shade's relationship in jeopardy in Season 2, Sakura's bore a grudge against her since. Even now, they still hate each other.

Mackenzie: Sakura is a huge fan of the songs Mackenzie sings. During the 1st 2 Seasons, Sakura became her protégé alongside Minako.

Minako & Urara: Close friends of Sakura as they all share a passion for becoming idols.

The Love Live Girls: Sakura also finds joy in the songs sung by the Love Live girls. She can't stand Nico though. But then again, who can?

And that concludes the 23rd Episode of Ask or Dare: Cartoon and Anime All-Stars Character Logs! Next episode will be about the eldest sister of the Loud Family, Lori Loud! Until then, thanks for reading and I'll see you all next time!