Episode 117: CatDog!

"Hi ho diggity!"

Hello everyone and welcome to the 117th episode of Ask or Dare: Cartoon & Anime All-Stars Character Logs! Today's episode is all about the conjoined Brothers, CatDog!

Origins

CatDog are the main protagonists of, well... CatDog, which first aired on Nickelodeon on April 4, 1998. Cat's voiced by Jim Cummings, while Dog's voiced by Tom Kenny, who also voices SpongeBob, Heffer & Jake Spidermonkey.

Background and Personality

Since birth, CatDog have been conjoined brothers. How they became that way is something not even THEY know. While they share a body, they're pretty much total opposites of each other. Cat is a cultured, defensive and rather cunning neat freak who has a really nasty dark side should he be pushed to the edge, who also desires fame and fortune, usually going to excessive lengths to get what he wants, but also has a strong sense of cleanliness and enjoys classical music. Meanwhile Dog's more messy, dim-witted, fun-loving, gullible, has a short attention span, and loves chewing on bones and tennis balls, eating fast food (Especially Taco joints) and chasing vehicles (Particularly cars and garbage trucks). The breed Dog's based on is American Foxhound, which is ironic since those kinds of dogs are known to be more shy and timid when near strangers and unfamiliar surroundings, traits that Dog doesn't follow. While they do bicker from time to time, they still know when to stick together when the time comes.

Friends & Allies

SpongeBob, Jimmy, Jenny, Kanade, Lily, Sango, Haruhi & Doug

Rivals

Blossom & Scratch

Enemies

Julie & Reina

Inclusion and Role in the Show

CatDog joined the series in Season 3 on Episode 120 along with Ayumi, Ryoko, Carl Casagrande & Gordon.

Relationships with Other Characters

Kanade, Lily & Sango: Initially, they were horrified when they first met CatDog since they're conjoined, but over time, they grew to like the pets. Kanade favors Cat, while Lily & Sango favor Dog.

Haruhi: Ever since their inclusion in the series, Haruhi's been trying to find out the secret to how they became the way they are. Haruhi believes they're not really normal pets and are instead aliens... Whatever floats your boat, I guess...

And that concludes today's Character Log! Next episode will be about the last member of the El Chavo squad, Gordon! Until then, thanks for reading and I'll see you all next time!