Episode 82: Towa Akagi!

"Even now, I still fear that Twilight will come back..."

Hello everyone and welcome to the 83rd Episode of Ask or Dare: Cartoon and Anime All-Stars Character Logs! Today's episode is all about the Princess of Hope Kingdom, Towa Akagi!

Origins

Towa is the anti-hero of Go Princess Precure, which first aired on TV Asahi on February 1, 2015. She's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro. If Go Princess got a dub, I'd imagine her dub VA would be Tara Platt, who also voiced Patty. Her alter ego is Cure Scarlet.

Background and Personality

As a child, Towa always wanted to be a Grand Princess. One faithful day, Dyspear, the main antagonist of Go Princess, approached the young girl and offered Towa a way to grant her wish. Unaware of her true intentions to conquer Hope Kingdom, Towa accepts the offer and Dyspear traps her into the Forest of Despair, which in turn, made the citizens of Hope Kingdom, Prince Kanata included, fall into depression and despair due to Towa's disappearance and made taking over the kingdom easier than taking candy from a baby. Then she brainwashed Towa and had her assume the name Twilight. That is until Episode 21 when the Go Princess gals freed her from the evil, and soon became part of the team.

Inclusion and Role in the Show

Like the rest of the Go Princess gals, Towa made her debut in Episode 60: Strong, Kind and Beautiful as among the first characters to join in Season 2. She's a rather minor character in the series, but does get some screentime every now and then. Especially when Laharl kept attacking Hope Kingdom.

Relationships with Other Characters

Haruka, Minami, Kirara and Yui: Towa's friends and teammates. When she was purified, the Go Princess gals welcomed her with open arms.

Laharl: Towa hates Laharl for attempting to destroy Hope Kingdom. 

Brando: Towa detests Brando for "brainwashing" Minami and making her a part of his stupid harem.

And that concludes today's episode of Ask or Dare: Cartoon and Anime All-Stars Character Logs! Next episode will be about the beautiful melody, Kanade Minamino! Until then, thanks for reading and we'll see you all next time!