Chapter 25: Bro Code

-Sam-

Katrina hands me a drink and sits next to me on Corey's couch. I thank her and drink it quickly. I just want to get tonight over with.

I hear a giggle, rolling my eyes when I see Colby and Shae talking on the other side of the room.

"What's wrong with you?" Katrina asks curiously.

I sigh and sit up more, putting my drink on the table. "He shouldn't be there with her. He just keeps- never mind." I stop talking before I say too much. I don't want her to think I'm shit talking on Colby.

"I know." She sighs, "Katelyn is a sweet girl who just wants to do right by her baby. Colby is, well he's childish. He's too immature to understand the importance of it. Are we surprised?"

"Katelyn's literally the most perfect girl ever. Colby fucked up her life before it even started. I should of told him to lay off her from the beginning. He would of listened to me." My jaw clenches as I watch his hand travel up Shaw's skirt. "She deserves so much more."

"Do you think they'll get back together?" She asks me quietly. I feel anger shoot through me again when the thought crosses my mind. "With how he's acting, I hope not." I stand up and adjust my pants, grabbing my drink, before walking out of the living room and into the kitchen. I get I've and start to fill my cup back up with liquor.

I hear footsteps behind me, a hand patting my back as I look. Colby grabs himself a cup and repeats my actions.

I watch him as he pours his drink, sipping mine slowly. The smug look on his face almost disgusts me.

"Don't fuck up, Colby." I tell him harshly.

His eyebrows furrow and he looks at me. "What are you talking about?"

"You have a good one. At home, carrying your baby. Don't fuck it up. She deserves more than to be cheated on by some immature boy." I set my drink down. "Save her the heartbreak."

He straightens up, his mouth parting. I can tell he's angry. "That's none of your fucking business, Sam."

"No it's not, but I don't want my friend doing some ignorant shit, fucking up a girl's life that he shouldn't be in in the first place."

He rolls his eyes at me, "Stay in your place." He comes towards my face, "Or else." His eyes lock mine as he walks away.

I throw away my drink and grab my jacket from the hook. "I'll be back." I yell. I open the door and walk down the hall, trying to calm my anger down.

I press the elevator button quickly, tabbing my leg as I wait for it to come up.

I don't know why I'm so angry. He's right, it's none of my business. But Katelyn doesn't deserve to be treated like some rug that he can wipe his feet on. She's smart, and beautiful. She's caring and she has the most amazing laugh I've ever heard. Why is he taking her for granted? She could have anybody she wants, and he's fucking it up.

I get into the elevator, riding it down into the lobby. I quickly leave the building and go to my car, unlocking it before I get in.

I let out a sigh of frustration. I take my phone on, seeing a text from Katrina asking me what was wrong. I ignore it and crank my car up. I shouldn't drive, but i just want to leave as soon as I can. I hear a knock on my window, I look and see Katrina standing outside my car.

I roll the window down, not saying anything to her. "I hope you're not thinking about driving." She says. I look at my wheel and back at her. I sigh and turn my car off. I get out, locking my doors.

"Sam, tell me what's wrong." She sighs. "This isn't like you."

I groan and look up, avoiding her eyes. Her hand touches mine, I look back at her.

"Sam," she pressed her lips together, "you don't need to be worried about their relationship. It's out of your control."

"I know I don't, I just can't stop thinking about her and how she would feel."

She pauses, "I'm going to ask you a question, and you need to be honest with me, and yourself."

I nod, "ask away." I lean back on my car, crossing my arms.

"Do you have feelings for her?" She asks quietly.

I frown, coming to the realization that it might be deeper than what I thought.

"If you do it's okay, none of us are going to judge you for it. I don't know how Colby will react, but the rest of us will support you."

"I shouldn't feel this way." I sigh. "He's my best friend." I feel my eyes water.

"Sam," she grabs me and hugs me, "it's okay. We're all friends, we all care about Katelyn and the baby."

"I can't be with her. I love her-" I stutter, "and I can't be with her."

"What's stopping you?" Her eyebrows furrow.

"Colby. I can't do that to him. It's wrong." I wipe my stray tear.

"It may be wrong to him, but you have to think about yourself and what you feel. You have to make sure you do what's right to you. Be selfish." She tells me. "I'll drive you there now. You can talk to her without worrying about Colby. You have to be honest."

It's wrong, I shouldn't have feelings for her. I do though, and now what? Do I tell her? Do I keep it in? Even if I don't tell her, she needs to know what Colby's doing behind her back. She needs to know that she's better than that.