Chapter 27: First Date Excitement

Colby sits across from me eating breakfast. His eyes stays on his phone as he watches TFIL videos. I can barely eat, the nerves racing through me. If he finds out about me and Sam he'll be so mad. I don't know if I can handle that. I can't lie to him. We have to be honest for this to work. However, he's also lying to me. He's been sneaking around more and being secretive. It's none of my business who he sleeps with, but I'm 29 weeks pregnant. We only have so much time until she's here.

"Colby?" I blurt out quickly.

"Yeah?" He looks at me with a confused look.

I open my mouth, but my teeth begin to clench when I feel a sharp pain in my lower stomach. My eyes clench as I hold the area.

"Kat?" He say putting his phone down.

"I- Sorry," I breathe out when it ends. "Never mind." I smile.

"Are you sure?" He asks again.

"Yeah." I nod my head. I look around for a moment, freaked out by the feeling I just had. I grab my plate and put it in the sink before running up the stairs.

I go into my room and shut the door, sitting on my bed as I feel another pain. I don't want to worry Colby. This time, the sharpness lasted longer. I breathe through it, telling myself it's nothing.

"Alright, baby, you gotta stay a little longer. You're not ready yet." I sigh. "I'm not ready yet."

My phone dings, a text from Sam is shown on my screen. I grab it, my eyebrows furrowing as I try to concentrate.

"Lunch? We haven't been on a real date and Colby has plans today. He won't notice."

I smile softly.

"Of course:) I'll text you when Colby leaves." I reply back.

I get up and grab a pair of jeans from my closet. I slip them on, the maternity fabric stretching around my belly perfectly. I quickly put my hair in a pony tail, not wanting to deal with it today. I don't worry about any makeup either. I look into my drawers, finding a shirt that I like.

"I'll be back!" Colby yells from downstairs. I smile to myself and watch him get into his car out the window. I grab my phone and tell Sam the coast is clear.

I sit on my bed as I wait for him to arrive. I haven't felt anymore pains, I'm sure it was just cramping.

Sam texts me he and says he's here, I squeal like a 12 year old. I haven't been this excited in months.

I grab my purse and head to Sam's car, the smile not leaving my face.

****

"That was so good." I laugh as I finish off the popcorn.

"I swear that was one of the best movies I've seen in years." Sam laughs. He opens the door to the movie theater, letting me go first. We walk to his car together in silence.

"So," he says as we stand by his car. I press my lips together.

"Sam, I really like you." I smile at him. "Thank you for being there for me. I really appreciate it. I've been so stressed lately that I just forgot how to be me. How to have fun and forget everything." I lean against his car. "You reminded me of that today." I smile again.

He puts his hand against my cheek, caressing it. "I love you." He whispers. I smile as he leans in, his lips touching mine softly.

We back away and he opens the door for me. Before I could get in, I feel the pain again. The shock causes me to drop the popcorn and hold onto the car door.