Chapter 11: Decisions

We sit on opposite sides of me bed, staring at each other. Neither of us know what to do, or say, so we don't.

Colby sighs and looks up to the ceiling before looking back at me, "We need to talk about it. I mean obviously you have to get an abortion. There's no way we can have a baby."

My eyebrows furrow and I shake my head, "No, I'm not getting an abortion. I'm keeping it, for sure."

"Katelyn, just think about it. We're in high school, we don't have jobs, we can't support a baby."

"Then I guess we better get to work then, right?" I tell him with my eyebrows raised.

He rolls his eyes, getting up off my bed and grabbing his jacket. "No, we're not having the baby. Get an abortion, Kat."

"It's my body, Colby. And I say I'm not getting an abortion. You can leave if you want, I don't need you raise the baby with me. I can do it on my own." I get up with him, following him down the hall.

"I just need to think, okay? We both do. Just," he puts his hand on the doorknob, "Just think about it, okay? We can't have a kid and that's that." He doesn't give me a chance to talk, instead he leaves me by the door alone.

I feel my chest become heavy as the realization hits me. I'm going to be a mother. Tears whelp in my eyes as I process the news. Is Colby being serious? Does he really want me to get rid of it?

The door opens back up, my eyes meet his again as he walks over to me. His lips crash to mine as his hands cup my cheeks. I fall into it, letting him kiss me. He backs away, "I'm sorry, I love you. We can do this." He whispers. I smile and nod, a tear streaming down my face was a. "I love you."

****
I know, I know, short ass chapter. I've been busy with school (my last day is nov 3) and work but I'm working on writing more! Comment suggestions/ideas for the story. They would he graciously appreciated!