Chapter 15

Day 6: Miami

Leila "from the old neighborhood"

I still haven't told June about the baby and we only have one day left in Miami.

Once this trip is over and we part ways, that's it. I'm not going to reach out and bother him. I've been making it this long without him so I'm sure that I'll survive but I can't be selfish. That's my only reminder.

Today we all went to the beach together my and played a game of volleyball and tag on the beach.

We spent all day in the sun and I'm exhausted!

All I wanted to do was talk to my child on the phone and then go to sleep. But someone mentioned something about a game night tonight so after I'm all rested up, I'll go back down stairs and see what they're talking about.

- -
June

"Who's tryna get smacked in uno?!" Dro yelled as he came down the stairs.

Lena, Olivia and I were in the living room watching a movie.

Olivia was the one that said we should have a game night tonight because we leave tomorrow. I wasn't interested cause I only mess with with 3/8 people here.

I got smoke with Luís because of the stuff that happened back in New York and on top of that, he kissed Lena. She didn't want no drama so I promised her that I wouldn't say anything but I cant promise that I won't say anything when we get back home.

"We played uno on the first night, let's make it interesting" Olivia said.

"Ok one game and then we can do something different after, I need my rematch" Lena laughed.

"Y'all come on!" Olivia yelled for everyone to come in here to play the game.

"Do you have your speaker?" Dro asked me.

"It's upstairs in the room" I told him.

"Nah I have mine, it's alright" Olivia said.

Everybody else came down the stairs and sat on the couch next to us.

Leila sat next to me so I got up and sat on the floor with Lena.

That's some more drama that I don't need. Leila and I dated back in the day and then she started bringing a lot of drama in my life so I had to leave her alone.

To my understanding, we're good but I know her like the back of my hand.

She's been staring at me and trying to ask me questions but every time we've talked during this trip, I've changed the subject.

Lena is comfortable enough to enjoy herself and I don't want to mess that up for her, so I'm avoiding arguments. She deserves to be stress free before she has to go back to school.

- -
We played a couple of games of uno and it started to get heated.

Everyone was down to their last card and the game was getting intense.

The color was now red and the number was 9.

"Who's turn is it?" Olivia asked.

"Mine" Jarron.

"Okay so put the card down, hurry up" Leila said.

"Y'all gon be so hurt" he said before throwing is last card down. It was a wild and the room was filled with people smacking their lips with defeat.

"I had this wild with the draw four and couldn't even use it on nobody" Dro sighed.

"I got another game for y'all" Olivia spoke.