Chapter 27

1 week later
Lena

"Yo Lena come here!" Rashad yelled from his room.

"I'm getting dressed! Hold on!"

Ever since Rashad got his parole transferred to Granny's house, it's been like old times.

Late night snacks, trying not to laugh too loud cause Granny was sleep, conversations on the roof, all that.

I missed having my brother be around full time and deep in my heart, I know he missed me too.

I put my Jean jacket on and went to his room.

"Wassup?" I said as I sat on the chair that was in the corner.

"You ever called Mommy back?" He asked me. Here we go.

Ever since the falling out, my parents haven't called me and I haven't called them either.

Some people just have to agree to disagree and as much as it hurts me, I have to do my own thing,

"Why?" I asked.

"You can't stay mad at her forever" He told me.

"Rashad she's the one..."

"You know daddy been trippin on her for years, I mean if they split do you have enough money to take care of you and her? Cause I know I don't, I'm broke"  he said, "she was silent when she should've spoke up but I truly do believe that she thought daddy had it all under control so she was trying to be a supportive spouse until she realized that he didn't have it all under control."

"I wanted her to speak up" I said.

"And now she has and she's trying to talk to you so she can tell you that but you won't even answer the phone for her."

Is he trying to make me have a bad day?

"I'm not trying to upset you Lena but just like we make mistakes, our parents do too and they stick by us through them so we should at least try.

"If I talk to mommy then you gotta talk to daddy" I tried to bargain.

Rashad took a deep breath.

"Whatever it takes" he mumbled.

"Huh? I didn't hear you" I laughed.

"I'll call him tomorrow."

"Word is bond?" I asked.

"My word is bond."

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it" he volunteered.

"Ain't nobody coming to see you, I'll get it" I scoffed.

"Where you about to go?" He asked, sounding just like my dad.

"Out" I said.

"You better be back before curfew" he joked.

"Shut up" I laughed.

I got up to leave his room.

"Wait Lena" he said.

"Yes?"

"Can you make me something to eat before you leave?" He whined.

"Goodbye Rashad" I said as I closed his door.

"Bring me back a cheeseburger or some chicken tenders, come on Lena!" he yelled.

"Bye!" I yelled.

I went upstairs to open the door and it was Andrés. I feel like I've been waiting for him for hours but he's right on time.