Chapter 32

(A/N: I know that I said this story was discontinued but I feel like it's only right to finish it so SORRY FOR THE SCARE Y'ALL LOL)

3 months later
June

"Thank you for agreeing to meet up with me" I said.

"Everyone deserves the right to be heard out, at least once" Lena said.

We got settled on the roof where we had our first date.

"This time with no animosity..." I trailed off.

"Exactly" she agreed.

"Um Lena I want to be man enough to say that I made a mistake. What I did to you was wrong and I'm truly sorry" I told her, "a man is not afraid to showcase who he likes or even loves and although I was willing to showcase our relationship there was malicious intent."

She didn't say anything, she just let me talk.

"I talked down about your weight and I also allowed the people around me to say mean things about you too and that wasn't okay because I should've been man enough to speak up especially when I started feeling you for real. Not saying anything is just like agreeing with what's being said" I said, "you gave me every opportunity to tell you the truth because you knew deep down inside that something was off and I could've come clean but I didn't because I was a coward and I was afraid of what the outcome could be."

"Word up" she agreed.

"That's the main reason why I was upset with Dro because I voiced to him how I really felt about you and he ended up with you in the end. He got the happily ever after that I wanted but was too immature to obtain" I said, "Dro stood up for you when I should've, respected you when you were around and didn't allow anyone to disrespect you when you weren't and he was also willing enough to give up a friendship with his brother to show love to the one that held him down when times were tough and I'll always respect him for that. Dro....Andrés is a stand up guy. The guy that I should've been for you."

Lena took a deep breath and looked out at the view.

"When you cried in my arms in Miami it reminded me of how my mom would cry in my Pops arms whenever he'd do something to hurt her mentally or even physically and I hated that for you and for us in general. I forgot about your graduation and then I let my ego push you further away from me" I laughed.

"What's funny?" She asked.

"I'm not laughing because it's funny, I'm laughing because I tried so hard to be the man that my father could never be just to turn into the man he's always been" I laughed again.

"I think you turned out alright" she said, "I mean despite everything, it was a learning experience for me and it was one for you too."

"You hit rock bottom man!" She exclaimed.

"Don't do too much" I laughed.

"Nah for real! But rock bottom helped you to understand that there was nowhere to go but up from there and you ended up putting your degree to use" she smiled.

"And don't forget the part where Dro and the guys whooped my..."

"Okay" she cut me off, "but you got some act right didn't you?"

"Aww man and I hit you in the process, I tried to forget about that too" I whined, "I'm sorry Lena."

"Yeah the next time you even think about hitting me, you're getting knocked out the same way Sheila did Mike in Why did I get married ?" She said in a serious tone.

"I saw you reach for that vase, I promise I won't make the same mistake twice" I told her.

"What happened to everything we talked about at that coffee shop that one time?" She asked out of nowhere.