Chapter 7

Dro

Jarron is really a grimy individual and he's always been that way.

He has no common sense and he's self-centered.

We've been homies for awhile and you could say that we've even made some of the same mistakes.

But at some point you have to be able to grow up and learn from your mistakes.

Jarron lives like he's on a merry-go-round that never stops.

June has common sense and he's too smart to be kickin it with Jarron as heavy as he does. We've even discussed that a time or two but I can't force nobody to do nothing.

I kick it with Jarron but I keep my distance.

I don't tell him about how much I get paid, what bills I gotta lay, what woman I date...Jarron is so untrustworthy that he doesn't even know where I live.

It shouldn't be this way but it is and I don't feel bad about it. He's weird.

And what had me heated the other day when June and Jarron were talking about that bet was that they thought it was okay.

We aren't kids anymore so little petty stuff shouldn't be glorified.

Lena was the only one, besides my mom that wrote me when I was in jail.

And her and I wasn't even thick as thieves but she saw something in me that nobody else did and that was potential.

She told me all about her going to school and all the plans that she had and she taught me how important it is to care about myself even when nobody else did.

I got out, did community service then I got a construction job and eventually on the weekends I started working with my Uncles.

Lena and I lost contact but I always got ear on how she was doing.

I don't like to see good people be taken advantage of but when I see her, I'm gon have to tell her to leave June alone.
- -
Lena

"Okay let's get into it" I said as I prepared myself for the pain that I was about to endure.

Today was the day that I chose to workout and eat healthier.

I want to get my body right because I've been walking up and down these stairs here in the house and I be about ready to die.

"Let's get fit you guys!" The girl on the YouTube video exclaimed!

"Girl shut up" I mumbled

"Today we will not be doing a warm up but after this workout we will be doing a cool down" she smiled just as energetic as possible.

"Okay let's go!" I yelled at the Tv screen. Does she know how much of a pep talk I had to give myself before attempting this at all?

"We are going to start off with cardio" the trainer said, "30 second mountain climbers starting in 5...4..3..2..1 let's rock out!"

I got on the floor and started doing mountain climbers as if my life depended on it.

After doing mountain climbers for what felt like 5 minutes, I looked at the timer on the screen and I still had 15 seconds left.