Chapter 19

Dro

"Yeeeerrr!" June greeted me as he walked in the shop.

"What's good my guy?" I said as I dapped him up.

"You know I'm just living life" he said, "how are you though? I didn't expect you to be here right now, I just happened to pass by."

"I'm straight, I'm just doing paperwork right now" I told him, "If I do most of it now then I don't have to do much in the morning."

"Alright Alright that's my boy."

"Where you headed?" I asked him.

"I was going to the the panadería to get some fruit cake" he said.

"The bakery is closed bro" I told him, "they closed at 5:30 tonight."

"It's dumb hot out and I came all the way here for nothing" he sighed.

"You'll survive, cálmate" I laughed.

"You talked to your moms yet or no?" I asked him.

June is in a better mood so either he got over what his mom said or he talked to her about how he felt.

"I didn't talk to her, I just decided that I gotta keep it moving. I can't stop for nothing."

"Oh so you're in a GREAT mood, who's the girl?" I laughed.

"What does a girl have to do with anything?" He asked.

"A real woman has a way with making a man face their issues and you, my brother are seeing someone" I told him.

I always tell June that we go too far back for us to not know each other.

When he starts moving funny, I leave him alone because I know he's going through something and when he's on the up and up, I know that he's messing with someone. He can't play me, same thing vice versa.

"It's Lena man" he confessed.

Why am I not really surprised?

"She just got back in town, when did this happen?" I asked.

"The first day she was back, she came over and we just sat in silence for awhile" he said, "she said she knew about the situation with me and my mom and she was still upset with me for the whole bet or whatever."

"So where are y'all at now? Y'all cool?"

"I mean yeah bro, we said we'd start as friends and if there is a relationship in the future then she'd be open to it" he said, "I really mess with her because she keeps giving me chance after change but she made it clear that this is the last one."

"Wait so how did you get back to New York so soon?" I asked.

D.C. is right around the corner but still, I know he didn't drive there and back that quick.

"What you mean?"

"If you went to the graduation earlier, how did you make it back home so soon?" I reiterated the question in different words.

"Graduation?" I asked.

This man was either drunk or slow.

"Did you drink today? I thought you didn't drink no more."

"I'm not following" he said.