Chapter 17

2 months later

Dro

"I'm about to go to the market and get me something to eat, do y'all want anything?" I asked my guys at the shop.

Ever since my Uncle and my Pops left me the business, I've learned that when you take care of the employees they take care of you.

When it's time for inspection they make sure everything is in check and they all make sure they do their very best on an everyday basis.

It means a lot to me because when everyone does their job correctly, it takes the stress and the strain off of me and so I plan on doing holiday bonuses and treat them to lunch and just treat them like human beings because that's what we all are.

"Yeah boss" everyone said in unison.

"Heard you! text me the orders" I told them, "I'm on feet so y'all got some time before I get there."

I left the garage and went on my way to the market.

It was hot outside but the heat wasn't unbearable. You can just tell that summer is right around the corner.

Last year, that heat was no joke so I have a feeling that it's not going to be as bad as last time.

I looked around to see if I saw any familiar faces and I didn't. I got on my phone and kept walking.

My Pops always had a dream about expanding the business so I have a few conference calls scheduled in 20 minutes and that's my lunch time so really my break is right now and I have to take advantage of that.

"Oh I'm sorry" I said, slightly looking up at the person I ran into.

"Andrés" they laughed.

The only person that calls me that now is my family and...

"Lena?" I said as I turned around.

"Andrés" she smiled.

"Yo Lena wassup mama" I said as I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"We have to stop running into each other like this" she laughed.

"I know."

"Are you on your way somewhere or do you have time to talk?" She asked.

"I'm headed to the market to pick some food up for my guys" I told her, "walk with me real quick."

She turned around and walked along with me.

"Your guys? Who JoJo and them?" She asked.

"Nah my employees" i smiled.

"What?! Ya Pops gave you the shop?!" She exclaimed.

"Yup" I smiled, "a week after I got home from Miami, we had a long talk about responsibility and he handed me the keys."

"Aww this is big! Why didn't you tell me?!" She asked as she patted me on the back.

"I wanted to be sure that I could handle this boss title before I told anybody but I think I'm wearing it well" I said.

It was hard at first because I had to separate friendship and business. They didn't take me serious at first but then all the guys started to respect me and I appreciate that.

It was a hard transition but I did it and I'd do it again if I had to.

"You are, I'm digging the suit and tie business man" she smiled.

"I missed having you around, you've been my number one support team since way back" I said, "how are you feeling these days?"

"When I got to the airport, my intention was to go to Philly but it didn't seem right" she said.