Chapter 6

Jarron

"Aye baby come here let me holla at you real quick!" I barked at this girl across the street.

"Nah you're a bum, what is you talkin' about?!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sayin' like you not gon give me the time a day?" I asked her

"Haa! Not!" She laughed

"Aight bet, that's why ya ugly!"

"And you're broke!"

"Yo chill out for a minute!" My homie Dro told me.

"You always talkin bout chill out, get up off my stoop if you don't like it!" I exclaimed, "you always think you runnin something and you're not runnin anything at all."

Another fine girl walked past us.

"Yo baby what it do?!"

"You tell me" she laughed as she kept walking.

"Get me lit and we could find out!" I laughed, "Get me lit!"

"Man I can hear you all the way from Jersey, shut up!" June laughed as he walked up on us.

"Right I been telling him to shut up all morning" Dro chimed in.

"How are you alive after the party last night? I could barely get up this morning!" June exclaimed.

"That party was live, I'm thinking about having one for my birthday" Dro said.

"Ain't nobody finna go to your sorry party" I told him.

"You're a hater and I keep telling you to watch the way you talk to me, I don't care whose stoop I'm on" Dro tried checking me.

"Alright Yo, my bad."

"Is that animosity I smell?" June asked, trying to stir the pot.

"Anyway what you doin over on this side? Ain't you supposed to be with your new boo thang?" I asked June, "did she fall in love yet?"

Lena isn't easy to deal with but I can say that she's real and her personality is enough to make you fall in love with her. Not that I've ever seen her in that way but I'm just saying.

June is going to be owing me big money some time soon.

"Who are y'all talking about?" Dro asked.

"Remember Lena from The Stuy?" I asked him.

"From back in the day?" He asked.

"Yeah she's the one that was..." he cut me off.

"Always laughing and she had them deep dimples?" He asked, "I know who you're talking about."

"No I was going to say the one that used to get on my nerves 24/7."

"She's good people to me, she back in New York?" Dro asked.

"Dang you like her or something?" I asked.

"As a friend, yeah" Dro said, "you're lying if you say she wasn't good people. She's fine too."

"You better stop gassing her up because that's June's girl" I smirked.

"That's not my girl man!" He exclaimed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She was supposed to come with me to the party last night and at the last minute I told her don't come and she started feeling some type of way" he said, "then I changed my mind because I felt bad and when I went to go put my shoes on, she was gone so I'm done with that."