Chapter 30

Later that day

Lena

Granny called me from the hospital today and told me that she would be coming home, no later than tomorrow morning.

I was excited cause Mom said she was going to cook all of Granny's favorites. I know it's going to put a smile on her face and that's why I can't wait to see her.

It's been like two hours since Rashad took mom to the store and he should've known it was a set up when she said that she only had to get a few things. Moms don't care if you haven't eaten anything all day, they'll be in that store from sun up to sun down.

"Lena you sleep?" Andrés asked as he came into my room.

"No" I simply said, "why?"

I turned my body so that I could face him.

"Do you want me to go home?" He asked.

"Do you want to go home?" I asked.

"No" he replied.

"Do you want me to go home?" He asked.

"No" I laughed, "why you bein weird?"

"Cause I was in Rashad's room playing the game and that's when I realized that I'm getting too comfortable around here" he said.

"I know you live in Jersey now but I like having you around. I like being around you."

"I like being around you too but I know you be liking to have your space sometimes and I don't blame you because I'm the same way" He stated, "I'm not trying to get on your nerves or nothing like that."

"You're not getting on my nerves Andrés, I promise."

"Ok well I'm in here if you want me to come in here."

I laughed, "do you want to come in here?"

"Yeah" he replied.

Andrés be thinking too hard sometimes. I'm like that too sometimes.

He walked all the way in my room and laid on my bed.

I rested my head on his shoulder and laid my hand on his chest.

"Why you doing that?" He asked.

"Doing what?" I asked.

"Relax" he laughed.

I exhaled and relaxed my body.

Even though Ive dropped a few pounds, I still get very self conscious about crushing Andrés.

I mean even when I would lay on him before, he never complained but I still was insecure about it.

"You smell good, what you got on?" He said, smelling my ears.

"Stop" I laughed.

"No what is it for real?" He asked.

"Mon Paris."

"That YSL joint that we got from the mall that one day?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"That'll have a grown man weak in the knees" he laughed.

Andrés put his hand under my shirt and caressed my back.

"Why you always gotta be touching all on me?" I whined.

"Cause you're my OH MY OH MY OOOHH MY BOOO" he sang TERRIBLY.

"Silly" I laughed.

I never was the touchy-feely kind of girl and I'm still not but Andrés' main love language is touch and affection. I let him do it because that's how he shows he cares and my love language is having you in my presence.