IV

George

"So this is the savior, huh?" a sassy female voice wakes me up from my sleep.

"Sshh. Shut up. She's from the mortals. She's tired. Don't wake her up," a man softly whispers.

I shift my weight and face their direction with my eyes still closed. Something crawls up to my chest. I nuzzle my nose on the furry creature. I feel a soft purr on my chest.

"Meow."

I smile when I hear Mr. Tuna's voice. My arms wrap around its soft body and bury its face on my chest.

"Hi, Tuna," I whisper in my sleepy morning voice.

"Okay, that's it, Princess!" I heard a loud clanging sound beaming in my room. "Wake up, Your Highness!" the sassy female voice commands. The loud clanging sound continues. I furrow my eyebrows and groan.

What? Who is this girl?

My eyes instantly open, realizing the stranger's voice inside my room. I immediately sit on the bed. My gaze roams around the rustic-designed room. On my left is an open window. An open field with youths holding weapons greets me. My view is elevated. That's why my gaze caught the picturesque view of the mountain range. I move my gaze and follow the patterns of rustic bricks on the walls of the small room until my eyes land on the teenagers standing at the entrance of the bedroom. I am taken aback, seeing the three strangers. I hold Mr. Tuna tight and cover myself with the brown cotton blanket.

"H-Hi. Good morning?" I awkwardly greet them.

"It's noon, Miss Alvarez," the sassy girl with long black silky straight hair says while rolling her eyes. She shakes her head, which makes her full bangs move.  "You're absent in the morning class," she points the stainless pan in her hand at me. Her grip on the wooden spoon tightens.

"Sophia," the guy with light brown shaggy hair speaks. "Aren't you too harsh to her? She's part of our family." The freckles across his cheeks are evident in his light complexion.

"I don't care, Alexandreo. Rules are rules. The given slot for this human is wasted. Are you even sure that that trio didn't bring a fake one?" she scoffs.

Fake one?

"Excuse me?" I raise my eyebrow. "I didn't even want this responsibility." I angrily stomp my feet on the wooden floor as I stand up. "You think I want this? Huh? Sophia the first?" I walk towards her. She looks down at me due to her tall frame.

"Tiny," she smirks. "Fix yourself and be ready for the class after an hour. Show me what you got on the field, Tiny human."

Tiny!?

She turns her back and leaves the room. Alexandreo and the other quiet guy with army-cut hair follow. Alexandreo stops walking and faces me. He mouths 'Sorry' before he continues walking with the two. As soon as the three left, my eyes were greeted by the peaceful sight of woods and simple houses.  That's when I realized that my room was not a bedroom but one of those tiny houses. I step outside and roam my gaze. My feet start to walk. I look up and see the tall forest trees.