VIII

George

"Hello there, Tiny," Sophia smirks at me as she points the sword at me. Her two hands grip the handle tight while she stands strong in the fighting stance.

I remove my sword from the case as my fingers nervously wrap around its handle. Lifting my gaze, I see range through her eyes as if I'm her prey that she is waiting to devour.

"Alright, show me what you learned yesterday!" Fatima, our female instructor, yells.

"Brace yourself," Sophia speaks with a wicked grin across her lips.

She attacks me with her skills. While I, on the other hand, only take steps backward. I continued stepping back, but I tripped over a rock behind me. I fall on my back. The sword in my hand falls to the ground. The cold metal tip of her sword touches my chin as I lie on my back.

"Sophia!" I hear Clarkson yell. He leaves his spot and runs to us. "What are you doing!?" he yells.

Clarkson shifts his furious gray eyes from Sophia to me. He put his sword back in its case. He bends his legs and offers his hand. A few strands of his red hair fall on his forehead.

Everyone stops. They look at us with their curious gaze.

"You should be teaching her!" Clarkson angrily yells.

"It's not my fault that she didn't know the lesson yesterday!" Sophia turns and faces Clarkson.

"What's happening there in the middle?" Fatima asks. "The three of you are interrupting the class."

Clarkson scoffs. "What's your problem?"

"I don't have any problem!" Sophia yells and buries the tip of her sword between them.

"Quit lying to a werewolf!"

"Clarkson, stop," I finally find my voice and speak.

"Liev," we hear our female instructor warn.

"Ma'am, I want to switch partners with–"

"No switching of partners, Liev. Back to your spot," Fatima points at Clarkson's spot.

"I see. Some of you did not understand the lesson yesterday," Fatima calmly speaks.

"Georgina," our instructor calls my name.

"M-Ma'am?" I stutter. This is my first time meeting her. I have no idea what kind of werewolf she is.

"Join me here, please," Fatima says.