XXI

George

We have to figure out who are those allies of vampires and why they are working with each other.

I hurriedly walk back home. I don't care about their judging gazes anymore. All I thought was how to figure out everything.

"Sorry, Saber," I mutter as I start the car's engine.

I nervously look around before driving. "Am I stealing Saber's car?" I mutter as I stare at the rocky path of the forest.

I chew my lip. "No, of course not," I shake my head. "I'm just borrowing it," I say as I nod.

I drive away from the village. Outside are the tall forest trees, representing how long every deceased werewolf died. The path is only the size of a one-way road. A few kilometers more and I finally see an asphalt road.

"Wow, I really did steal a car," I say in disbelief.

I'm worried.

I'm worried about everything that is happening. I thought the only problem that we had was the vampires. But knowing all of this, this is far more complicated than I thought. At first, I thought Werewolf Village was a perfect place. Disciplined citizens. A simple way of living. But when my mother told me what was happening underneath...

It's far from being perfect.

"Saber," my mother shifts her gaze to the werewolf beside me. "Thank you for believing me."

"You're welcome. No one is here except the three of us. Make it quick before they notice. I guess I should guard outside to make sure no one will figure out your plan." Saber walks out of the dungeon.

"Joaquin says that he met some werewolves when they were in a meeting. They're scattered in the village. High ranking officials, he said they are high ranking officials."

"But why do they have to do that," I ask in confusion.

"I don't know yet," my mother shrugs. "But it seems that they are trying to get rid of you after learning that the next Alpha will be ending their alliance.

"Joaquin has been giving me this information. No royal blood vampires are attending the meeting. It seems like they're planning to build an alliance with these two clashing creatures. However, he didn't get a chance to see their faces."