XIV

Georgina

"Georgina."

"Integritas."

"Strengthe."

"Empatheia."

"Resiliens."

"Georgina."

"Integritas."

"Strengthe."

"Empatheia."

"Resiliens."

The werewolves chime some sort of ritual while I am tied in the lumber. My head faces the ground. My body is getting more tired.

"This is the final part, George," I remember Clarkson saying.

The final part.

More like the first part of my werewolf life.

All of the villagers form a circle around me, reciting my name and those four foreign words.

Integritas. Strengthe. Empatheia. Resiliens.

I lift my gaze and watch them chanting the ritual. I am slowly feeling the urge of my werewolf form to break free from my human body.

"You have to control your body, Georgina."

"Keep in mind that the werewolf inside you is part of your body."

I remember Clarkson whispering while tying my body.

It's part of me.

I am a werewolf.

A sharp pain shot through my head. The muscles in my arms and legs tighten. I clench my jaw as I feel a pain in my mouth. Claws grow from my hands. Beads of sweat start forming on my forehead. My heart starts beating fast as I start to gasp for air.

"Georgina."

"Integritas."

"Strengthe."

"Empatheia."

"Resiliens."

I look up to the sky as the pain gets worse. My weary body starts to shake once again. My gaze watches a group of fireflies fly up in the moonless sky.

Mom.

"I won't see you again, Georgina."

"I do not want to get involved. I'm sorry."

"You can not leave me like this!" I yell. 

"You see the girl convulsing over there!?" I point at myself lying on the bed. "She's slowly losing herself. She's tired."