Hey

Ten-Ten stares at the wooden stool in the room. In front of it is a camera waiting for her to sit.

"Go on," Clarkson taps the Author's shoulders. "Believe me. They're going to understand."

"I am scared," the Author whispers. "What if they're mad at me?"

Clarkson pulls the Author by her wrist. The two stand beside a wooden stool. 

"Just tell them what happened," Clarkson nods with reassurance.

Clarkson leaves the author and walks towards the camera in front of her. Cayden peeks at the door of the Author's bedroom which to her is considered a 'writing office'. He gives her a thumbs-up as a signal. Ten-Ten sits on the wooden stool and clears her throat. 

"Um, hello..." Her gaze lands on Cayden. He gives her two thumbs up and leans at the frame of the door.

"Hello, I hope you can still remember who I am and what story I have brought you. I am MalyTenTen," the Author takes a sigh before continuing. "I wrote 'Who? The Alpha.'"

The Author is startled a little when she sees Shane and Jeremy sitting on the floor while leaning on the wall beside the bedroom door. Shane waves her hand and gives her a bright smile.

"On August 1, 2022, I promised my readers that I'll be rewriting book 1 and return to writing book 2 as soon as possible."

That's when I hated myself.

She collects a huge amount of air in her chest as she inhales. She rubs her hands on her knees. She reads the letter while tapping her index finger on her knee.

'I never thought I'd ever cringe at my work.

When I finished reading Book 1, I became proud of how organized Book 2 is. I noticed so much growth. But I have to work harder, of course.

Thank you to all of you who helped me and to all of you who shared your thoughts about this book. You guys helped me a lot!

That is why I'm ANNOUNCING that I'll be unpublishing the first book of this trilogy after six days.

I'm in the process of massive editing of book one.

Will I change the main plot? No, I won't. But there will be additional details and rearranging of the scenes of this messy book. Like, how do some characters meet each other? What do supporting characters look like? Things like those that will make the scenes and characters three-dimensional.

Also, I think some characters should have been introduced earlier in the book. I might change some scenes and conversations in the scenes according to my characters' personalities. Because to be honest, I thought my characters were clear when I was writing this in my notebook, which was a few years ago. After I finished the first book, I became more aware of who they are.

"Uh... so you're going to unpublished this, huh?"

Um... yeah.

But, do not worry!'

The Author rolls her eyes at her past self's letter.

'Once I unpublish the book one, I'll republish the edited version after one or two days so that you can return to a better version of this book!'

The Author's jaw clenches. Her hands ball into a fist.

"I underestimated life's capacity to mess with someone's plan. I thought I could follow the plan that I created which is to publish the book one's edited chapter every day. But I didn't," the Author looks away while fixing her glasses. 

"I didn't," she whispers.

"While rewriting every scene I slowly see how 'ugly' my work is. How messy everything is. I lost the motivation to finish the book," she swallows the lump in her throat. She lets out the air she's been holding in her lungs as shame creeps into her skin.

"Aside from that my other obligations in life also became unmanageable. So I decided to take a break. But I am afraid to tell you guys that is why left quietly. I am running away from my responsibilities at those times of my life."

"I am afraid to say when will the posting of rewritten chapters be because even I don't know."

"I am sorry for leaving without giving you guys notice. I am sorry for not keeping my promise," she bites her lower lip while looking at the floor. "I hope you guys are still there."

George enters the video and pulls Ten-Ten for a hug.

"Um. I hope you guys are still there to read the second book," George says. Her arm is around the Author's shoulder while waving at the camera.

"Ten-Ten will start posting the rewritten chapters of book 2 after 14 days!" George announces.

Shane, Cayden, Sader, and Clarkson cheer while clapping.

"Wait. What? Does that mean our vacation is over?" Saber says.

"Yep. The vacation is over," the author says after sniffing. She puts back her round glasses after touching the corners of her eyes.

The four groan.

George on the other hand gives the Author another tight hug. "George is back?"

The author nods.

"George is back." The author gives a small smile. She clicks her tongue, points at the camera, and winks.

* * *

Hello. I don't want to drop unrealistic promises anymore so I'll be publishing the chapters once a week. I hope my past readers are still there for the discovery of who is The Alpha and who the Dhampir is. If you're new here, I hope you enjoy the story!

See you in two weeks!

:>