Chapter 1

Emma was ready to jump out of the car and live alone in the depths of the dark forest in a wooden cottage as her driver was getting closer and closer to her new school. She didn't understand her parent's decision, and the point in changing schools a few months before graduating high school. A new school won't make her straight, a new preceptor won't make her wanting to marry a prince, or a middle aged politician from another country at age 18.

"Emma what did you think? Snow's harsh voice echoed through her ears. "I'm not accepting this. This is not healthy. This is against everything we've taught you. Not to mention how will this look on the media! How could you not think about our family? You are ruining the family's reputation!"

"I am in love." Emma said, her voice cracking.

"No you are not." She screamed at her daughter. "You are young and confused."

"Dad please say something!" Emma plead to her father, cutting off her mother. "Please." Her words turned into a whisper.

"Emma I can't accept this, I am sorry." His words came crushing down on Emma.

"You knew I was gay. You new I was gay since I was 13." She said to him. "I told you Dad, years ago!"

"She did?" Snow's shocked eyes met David's.

"I thought it was just a silly phase Snow." He hurried to clear himself. "But Emma you are old enough now to understand that our world doesn't work like that. Princesses don't marry Princesses, that's not by the book." He explained.

"What book? There's no book!" Emma screamed painfully.

"You know that our kingdom holds into it's traditions. You won't be dating a woman under my watch and that's the last word." Snow cuts the conversation short. "I will call Mr. Gold tomorrow, you will be attending his boarding school for the rest of the year. You might study a little respect and find your right mind there." Snow continued.

"Are you doing good back in there Princess?" The driver asked, snapping the blonde out of her wave of thoughts.

"Yes, will we be there shortly Sir?" Emma asked.

"Another few minutes Princess Emma. Do you need anything? Water perhaps?" He asked.

"Yes please." Emma answered politely, reaching for a bottle of water.

A few minutes passed and Emma spotted a huge victorian building on the top of a hill not far from where the forest ended. The dark forest cuddled the empty green hill from all around. Emma could spot a lake near to the forest and she soon acknowledged the high fence that bordered the land.

"Is that....?" Emma's words were cut by her own surprise.

"Yes it is the school Princess." The driver answered peeking into the back mirror knowingly.

"I somehow imagined it... darker. You know?"

"Do you feel relieved Princess?" He asked.

"Not at all." Emma gasped.

"Everything will turn out good Princess. Trust the old man." The driver offered a kind smile.

Emma skipped the whole protocol and jumped out of the black limousine slapping the door harshly, and took a closer look at the school.

"Welcome Princess Emma." A voice called from behind her. Where did this man even come from?

"Just. Emma." She offers. "You are Mr. Gold if I am not wrong." She said firmly, studying the middle aged man.