Chapter 7

"Hi mother." Emma forced herself to say the words calmly, but her voice trembled.

"Emma you wanted to speak to me?" Snow's voice almost cracked. It reminded Emma to the times she was a little girl. She could not see her mother the same way as before.

"Yes mom, we need to talk." Emma paused. "I won't stand down from my responsibilities." She said on an official tone. Nothing in her body wished to become Queen.

"Oh Emma." Her mother's voice was soft.

"On the other hand I want to be crowned after my high school graduation."

"Emma that's.."

"It is possible." Emma said sternly. "You can make it happen. That's all I ask for mother."

"Okay."

"One more thing."

"Yes?"

"Allow me to leave the school on a Sunday evening." She asked gently. "I heard people started to ask about me, as they never seen me in Storybrook, yet they know I am studying in Misthaven. You surely don't want them to come up with their own ideas why I won't ever leave the gates of Misthaven." She knew her mother would fall for that. Media was not much on their side recently, so having a presentable image of her time to time was a must. 

"You get my permission, but I will send the Royal Guard with you on the trip. This is your only chance Emma, don't try my patience." Her mother said after a bit of thinking.

"Okay, mom." Emma forced herself to say the words she never heard from her mom before. "Tell dad I said hi." She added.

"I will arrange your trip to Storybrook tomorrow." Her mother ignored her words.

"Thank you mother."

"Call soon, Emma." Her voice wasn't much worried, it was a simple command.

Emma walked back to the dorms and settled on her bed. She watched as Belle studied for her classes. She wasn't sure how to approach the Mr Gold topic.

"Belle?" She ended up asking for her friend's attention. "Last time we talked about Lily. You said something about how age doesn't matter in love." She started and the brunette nod. "Is there a reason you wanted to point that out?"

Belle shook her head shyly.

"Are you in love?" Emma asked.

"What are you saying Emma?" She frowned.

"I know there's something going on between Mr Gold and you. I found out about the book you use to send messages in."

"You read my letters?"

"No, of course not! But I saw how you rent the book every second day." She said calmly. "I am not judging you Belle." She added. "I am worried."

"You have nothing to be worried about." Belle answered uncomfortably. "Did you tell this to anyone?"

"Your secret is safe with me."

"Our relationship is... platonic."

"I know it's not my business Belle, and I truly mean no harm but are you sure you know the meaning of platonic?" Emma frowned.