Chapter 5

A slight wind tickled Emma's neck as she has put her hair into a lazy ponytail. It was the first days of winter but it wasn't too cold in the kingdom at this time of the year either. She shivered and grabbed a rock to make an attempt to skip rocks on the lake and angrily slapped her hand back on her blanket when she failed.

"No one taught you how to skip rocks as a child?" She heard a well known chuckle behind her back and turned her head to meet those deep brown eyes. Her teacher wore a long knitted sweater that covered most of her body.

"We don't have lakes in the capital." Emma shrugged and faked to be offended.

"You are quite adorable when you pout." The older chuckled softly and grabbed two flat rocks. "Here." She placed one in Emma's hand.

"Hold it like this." She grabbed her own by the sides. "Make sure the flat part reaches the water first." She explained softly meeting eyes with the blonde. She threw the rock and it hopped on the water three times before it sank. "Now you go." She encouraged and smiled at the blonde proudly.

Emma's attempt wasn't as good as the brunette's but she managed to get the rock hop once as well.

"Good job!" Regina clapped her hands and flashed a proud smile at Emma.

"Your rock was better." Emma shrugged with a cheeky smile.

"Mmmaha..." the teacher smiled back and smirked.

"I will beat you in this by the end of the year." Emma stated cockily.

"Is that so Miss Swan?" The brunette raised an eyebrow as she bumped her shoulder to the younger's and Emma nod eagerly. "Well if you spend all your lunch breaks by this lake I bet you will."

"I...."

"Wasn't hungry. I know." The brunette cut her off and rolled her eyes. "Would you like to talk about what's going on?"

Emma shrugged mostly because she had no idea what to say. It's been days since they talked alone with Miss Mills and nothing really changed since. She still felt stuck and she still had nothing she could do about it.

"I think you have to talk to your parents Emma." The teacher suggested.

"I am not talking to them." Emma answered quickly. There was no way she talked to those people. They didn't call her, they didn't care how she was doing so for what reason should she call them for?

"You hold so much anger towards them. It's eating you up Emma. You gotta let that anger go and if that means yelling at them through the phone then do it."

"Why do you even care?" Emma snapped but immediately regretted it. The older stayed quiet for a second. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you." Emma apologized quietly.

"I get it." Regina nod and bit on her lip. Emma's eyes fell to the teachers lips as she saw the motion.

"How did you get that scar?" Emma asked as she examined the small scar above the brunette's lips.

"I can't even remember I think I was biking in our vineyard and I fell." She chuckled on Emma's sudden curiosity.

"You have a vineyard?"

"Yes, my family has. Back in Spain."

"I didn't know you are from Spain." Emma's eyes winded.

"I was born here but I spent my summers there." The teacher explained. "It's rather complicated. My mother's Italian my father is Spanish but he grew up in a Catalan town. I was born here."

"Oh, don't you feel like...." Emma struggled to find words.

"Like I don't belong?" Regina helped her out and smirked. "Yes, and no. Home is... where I am. I create it. Not a paper."