Chapter 2

"Good morning." Belle shook up Emma from the deepest sleep in the morning.

"What time is it?" Emma asked, and hurried to sit up.

"7 am. We should be down in the hall in a few minutes to have breakfast." She explained. "You were out quite well, I thought first nights are rough for everyone here."

"Thanks for waking me up." Emma said, quickly pushing down her bed covers ignoring the brunette's second comment. Truth is, she is not a good sleeper. She struggles with nightmares every single day until she finally passes out from exhaustion.

"No problem." The brunette said cheerfully. "What classes do you have today?" She inquired cheerfully.

"Uhm. No idea. My schedule is on my desk." Emma pointed, biting on a loud yawn that escaped her mouth.

"Ah cool! We have all classes together except for the languages. I only take French. You will have a long day." The brunette frowned looking through her paper. "I guess it makes sense."

"What?" Emma asked while putting on the hideous uniform.

"That a Princess studies more then we do." Belle explained hesitantly.

"Wouldn't it..." Emma groaned under her breath struggling with buttoning up her shirt.

"Oh. Rule number one for breakfasts!" Belle remembered before entering the main hall.

"Don't eat the soggy thing that supposed to be oatmeal." Ruby jumped into the conversation, tagging along.

"Good morning Ruby." Emma greeted her, and the brunette winked. "So any other rules I should know about?" Emma asked.

"We will fill you in if something comes into mind." Belle smiled proudly, finding herself helpful.

"Good morning girls." Miss Mills appeared soon behind them as they entered the busy cafeteria. "Are you helping out the newcomer?" She frowned at the brunettes.

"Good morning Miss Mills. Of course." Ruby answered.

The teacher took a step closer to Emma getting close enough for Emma to wonder if she should take a step back.

"Just skip oatmeal if you want to live another day." She whispered on low tone again, which made Emma and the girls burst out in laughter, before she offered them an innocent shrug and left to sit down at her seat at the head of the table.

"Told you she was cool." Ruby smiled.

"She seems." Emma agreed. Through is, she did indeed think the teacher was absolutely fantastic. She seemed so real to herself. Nothing like her teachers and tutors before.

"So they bring every meal to the table?" Emma asked shyly, taking a seat between the brunettes.

"Yes. Just like a damn restaurant isn't it?" Ruby whispered sarcastically.

"And what's up with the whole praying thing?" Emma remembered last night's dinner.

"They don't pray in the royal family?" A girl nosily asked from across the table.

"We don't. And we also don't eat together in the royal family, if you must know." Emma jumped on the topic way too quickly. She was sick of judgement, and she was ready to crash all the preconceptions about the perfect little royal family.

"Okay girls, quiet." Miss Mills ordered quietly flashing a soothing look at Emma, and she gestured to stand up with the rest of the school.

Breakfast went by quickly. Food wasn't awful, but Emma wasn't picky anyways. She made sure though to stay away from the oatmeal she was warned about.