Chapter 6

Emma laid her back to a tree as she carefully examined the swans that swam peacefully in the darkening night, getting ready to settle. She was still taking in her conversation with her ignorant father. She was hurt and lost and she had to realize it wasn't because of Lily. Up until now, she though Lily was the one she was missing so badly but truth was, she missed being herself. She missed being free and she missed living her life peacefully. She felt like every teacher, every student and even the trees were watching her. Perhaps she wasn't wrong, she was almost certain there were hidden cameras all around the land.

She barely spoke to Miss Mills after their conversation in the bathroom. She avoided the older by any cost including their weekend sessions in the library. She missed her, but something told her she's better off keeping her distance.

"There you are." A fresh smile greeted her as the woman walked closer.

"Why are you here?" Emma asked rather flatly but deep inside she felt happy seeing the joyful teacher approach.

"I brought you dinner." She explained.

"As much as I appreciate being your priority when it comes to meals, I rather be left alone."

"You need to eat." The teacher replied and her voice demanded obedience.

"Miss Mills I will request a different night supervisor if you keep on following me." Emma said, not even looking into the older's eyes.

"If you want your parents to really be at your back go ahead. I won't stop you." The brunette said and sat down by Emma.

"What's your goal here? What do you get out for this?"

"Emma, we've been through this." The brunette shook her head. "What do you need to hear to believe me?"

"The truth."

"I care about you Emma. There's no more to it." Regina's eyes were sad. "I know I lost your trust but I have no regrets, I've told them as little as it was needed and not more. In fact I only spoke to your benefit. I told them how easily you settled and how you breeze through your schoolwork as if it was not even a challenge."

Emma shifted uncomfortably.

"Don't you get in trouble for spending so much time with me?" She asked looking at other teachers in the distance.

"Don't worry about me Em-ma." The older teased as she packed out the bag of food. "I couldn't save much from tonight's dinner, but I managed to get some ham cheese and olives."

"Reminds me of Barcelona." Emma's face softened

"I thought it would."

"Now I only miss the wine." Emma joked.

"Are you much of a drinker?" The teacher wondered as if it was the most natural thing on the planet to ask from your underage student. But again, Emma wasn't only a student.

"I enjoy a glass or two." Emma shrugged carelessly and her teacher flashed her a curios look. "Okay come on Miss Mills, don't give me the glare. We are in Europe and you spent your summers on a vineyard in Spain. Don't tell me you didn't drink at my age." Emma raised an eyebrow.

"Touche." The brunette smiled as Emma grabbed a piece of cheese and shrugged.

"Miss Mills?" Emma suddenly looked at her. The teachers name fell from her lips rather softly.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering... What's your first name?" Emma's words were more of a request than a question as she realized she didn't even know the brunette's full name. The teacher chuckled.