Chapter VIII: Gotta Work Even Harder!

A/N: Hey folks, good to see you again. Good to be updating again. Updating my OTP fanfic on Valentine's day, how appropriate huh? This chapter is shorter than the last, and is a bit of a fluffy and easy read – which seems good considering the last chapter was hefty and the next one should be fun. Also, keep in mind that Rex is supposed to be an awful person as you read this chapter. Please consider liking my FB page for more frequent updates and art that goes along with this fic (along with other art). The link is in my profile!

------------

Chapter VIII: Gotta Work Even Harder!

So full of energy, nothing to hide,
No need to sleep, we come alive,
And if we're gonna take this ride,
We can go wherever we like
And if it feels like we're dreaming,
Believe it, believe it. 

Zee bopped along pleasantly towards her room, and behind her was none other than Axel – which would be no surprise to anyone by now. Both of them had their hands full – Zee held a small bag while Axel was lugging around two sizable cardboard boxes, one stacked on top of the other. After a social night the two had decided Sunny deserved proper living arrangements. Over time they developed a list of items to acquire on the down-low, and figured out how much extra money they'd need to take in on missions to make this happen realistically. It wasn't exactly a quick or easy process, but that day here and now marked the end of their efforts. They'd gathered everything they were sure they needed.

Xirena opened up her door and lead Axel into the room. Sunny was sitting on the bed, her head perking up and tail wagging once she saw her momma return. The blue pig hopped off to make space for the Nobodies to put down everything they had brought in. Axel then dug the list out of his pocket to read off the items.

"Okay, that should do it..." He said, looking over the list, "Blankets, lots of blankets and pillows, doggie bed..."

He quietly went over the list to himself as Xirena started unpacking – pulling out the aforementioned doggie bed to start with. It was a standard, large bed that was nice and fluffy – the fabric on the bottom was dark brown, and a beige colored fabric lined the inside. It was rather understated, but it easily looked like the most comfortable one available.

"Hey Axel, you can go put the list in my desk if you need someplace to leave it!" Xirena offered, scooting across the floor and reaching under her bed.

Axel thought this was a good enough idea, so he went ahead over to her desk and pulled out the top most drawer. Inside this drawer were of course her purple charm, and also a folded over piece of paper. Axel dropped down the supply list into the sparsely populated drawer, wanting to just close it and move on; but he got a little too curious for his own good. He quickly reached in and grabbed the unknown paper, quietly unfolding it.

"Eh?" He whispered, "This is..."

A flood of confusion washed over the ginger. It was the note he had left her a while back, about the clock tower being no good anymore and to meet at home. Folded delicately in the same way he had originally, it was apparent that this note was preserved with care. But why? What would the point be? Axel figured this would be in the trash within two minutes of being read. He quickly looked over his shoulder and saw that Zee was still busy with pulling out what was under the bed – which turned out to be a comforter. He slyly slid the note back into the drawer and closed it, leaving no trace of his snooping. He did, however, choose to make conversation about her star charm.

"Hm, neat star thing you got there." Axel commented as he returned, "Where'd ya get it?"

"Dunno..." Zee shrugged, "I just kinda had it."