Chapter XI: In The Hardest of Hearts

A/N: HI EVERYONE YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL :"D be sure to check my fanpage for art and more updates.

Chapter XI: In the Hardest of Hearts

Let's make this fleeting moment last forever
So, tell me what you're waiting for?
I'm gonna keep it frozen here forever,
There's no regretting anymore.

It's worth the wait, even so far away.
I'm making the night mine until the day I die
No lights to brake when you're hanging by fate
You know what it feels like when you're dancing blind

The pair of exhausted Nobodies dragged their feet back to the residential hall, with Axel looking visibly more beat than Xirena. She was actual dancer of the pair after all and maintained more endurance than even The Flurry of Dancing Flames. Despite their weariness, however, they both were rather happy with how their evening had gone.

"I had..." Axel panted, "A lotta fun."

"Me too." Xirena breathed.

Xirena stopped at her door with Axel behind her, opening it up for the two to enter. They had wishing to do after all! Axel turned and closed her door, but once he came to face Xirena again he was hit with one of the most unexpected things of his life.

Xirena had thrust herself forward with her arms out, knocking whatever wind was left in him out of Axel, which wasn't much. When she collided with him, her arms instantly clung around him and held tightly. Her face nuzzled into his chest. Axel's body and mind froze up, as if he was a computer that encountered a critical error and suddenly shut down...

THIS IS WHERE YOU HUG BACK, Axel's mind screamed at him, THIS IS WHERE YOU HUG BACK.

He was short circuiting so hard that instead of doing that, his hand moved up to her head and gave her a pat as he thought those very words.

THERE'S STILL TIME TO HUG BACK

Just as he was about to morph into a proper hug, the speedy Zee had pulled away just as suddenly as she dove in, smiling bright as ever. He had his arms spread away from him slightly as he prepared his delayed hug, feeling dumb, but he managed to smoothly move into a casual shrug, hoping to convey that he had a good time with their evening with that gesture. Now that all their frantic moving had stopped and he had a close look at her face, he noticed something... different...

"Heeeeeey..." He said slowly, leaning in for a closer look, "I can't figure it out but something on your face is... different."

"Oh..." Xirena breathed somberly, "Rex ripped part of my eyebrows off the other night."

"Christ!" Axel shouted, his ever-spazzing arms flying into the air, "I can't believe him sometimes, well, I can't believe him most of the time actually..."

"He said I gotta lose weight too and be 'high fashion.' I don't know what that means but Rex wouldn't do any bad things to me, right? I'm never letting him rip my eyebrows off again though... well, unless he has a good reason to!"

Axel was left speechless. Talking about Rex was just the worst.

"Oh! Axel!" Xirena exclaimed. Axel hoped she was done talking about the abysmal being known as Rex, "We almost forgot, we gotta go make our wishes!"

------

Peace and quiet was what filled their wish time, almost like a prayer. It may be brief, but the hyper activity that can come with Xirena made these moments extra special. As with many sweet things, the time of wishing was always short, with both of the Nobodies looking to rest after a night of party time fun dancing. Axel yawned widely and stretched his arms as he stood up, ready to leave Xirena's room and hit the hay.