Chapter XV: Promised Land

A/N: Hi guys! Good to be updating again. Here we are with chapter 15, hope you all enjoy!

Chapter XV: Promised Land

The lost dreamsare buried in my sleep for him
And this was the ecstasy of a love forgotten
And I'm thrown in the gunfire of empty bullets
And my blood is all I see
As you steal my soul from me

Hello there diary, I hope you're doing ok...

Today was ok but Axel is still gone. It's been a long time, we even got two new members here while he's been away. First was a man who was tall and had pink hair, then we got another girl! But she's kinda mean so we don't talk much... I've made tons of wishes, like wishing for Axel to come back. I did that one a few times, but it's different without Axel. I've had plenty of time to spend with Rex which makes him happy and I've been reading with Zexion to help pass the time, I hope he doesn't mind. It's not the same as Axel though, he just makes me the happiest for some reason. I wonder who makes Axel the happiest? I hope it's me...

Xirena dropped her pen to the side, startling Sunny.

"S-Sorry Sunny..." Xirena responded, picking up her pen again.

Xirena looked down at the short entry, specifically at the last four words she wrote. They left her uneasy and thus suddenly she was scribbling them out until they were no longer legible. Red faced, she quickly scrawled 'I hope he tells me sometime' instead. Xirena sighed heavily, throwing down her pen again as she slumped back in her chair. Her hands rested on her stomach, which she patted on in random rhythm as she stared forward.

Sunny's ears suddenly perked up and she snorted quietly, her attention grabbed by Xirena's door. Zee looked to Sunny, then to her door with a confused look.

"Is something there?" Xirena asked, rising from her chair of poor posture.

Something certainly was there when she opened up the door, someone... err a Nobody rather. A tall, familiar red head stood there with his fist in the air ready to knock at her door.

"Sunny spoiled it, didn't she?" He asked flatly.

"Axel!" Xirena shouted gleefully, jumping into him.

Axel grabbed her enthusiastically, able to easily lift her in the air for a brief moment. Somehow, the physicality came much more fluid to him this time.

"I missed you so much!" Xirena continued, with her feet back on the ground "I got stuff to ask you and stuff to tell you and stuff!"

"Why am I not surprised?" Axel laughed, stepping inside and nudging the door closed behind him with his foot, "Lemme hear it!"

"Well there's two new members here now, but I don't know them very well and one of them has a hard name to pronounce." Xirena began, starting softly.

"Ah, you mean Marluxia and Larxene." Axel spoke, stroking his chin, "I saw them briefly on my way back. Marluxia I can't get a read on but that Larxene is a bit stand-offish, yeah?"

"Yeah, she's not very nice to me..." Zee lamented.

"Ah well, don't worry about that too much. Not everyone gets along y'know." Axel assured her, patting her head as he did so.

"Oh ok."

"What else is new?" He asked, but then quickly cut back in, "Err, mind if I sit? It's been a long mission."