Chapter XIX: Lavender Dreams

A/N: Hey! Sorry it's been a while, but you guys know how I am with updating. Sometimes fast, sometimes medium pace, sometimes slooooooow and I apologize for the slow times. Anyway, just as an aside, that Timberlake song 'Can't Stop The Feeling' reminds me of Axel's feelings for Zee and for once it's not an angsty sad song (I have so many of those)! But don't tell Zee, she hates Justin Timberlake because she thinks he broke Britney's heart. Well, here's the new chapter, hope you enjoy! Please consider liking my facebook fanpage that's linked in my profile.

Chapter XIX: Lavender Dreams

If you could only see the beast you've made of me
I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

"So she has seen Castle Oblivion."

"That is correct, sir."

Much as they did the very first time she arrived, Xemnas and Saix stood over a seemingly sleeping Xirena. Axel had managed to cleverly stash away Sunny before any hooplah started, having moved her temporarily to Demyx's room. The red head, however, was nowhere to be seen now. The girl's face would twitch here and there while she slept, perhaps indicative of being in a dream state.

"...No matter." Xemnas said after a long pause.

"But sir?" Saix asked in astonishment, having so hoped to hear something more vicious from his leader. In his mind it had been an act of huge transgression against the Organization and deserved something harsh.

"I said no matter." Xemnas repeated, "No damage has been done to it, all she will get is a light reprimanding for disobedience in the Round Room."

~~~~~

"What am I doing out in the city?"

Xirena was wandering around The World That Never Was, right in front of Memory's Skyscraper, which dwarfed the other still impressive structures. She ponderingly pressed her index finger to her pink lips as she looked around, sensing that not all was as it seems in the city. The last thing she remembered was passing out in Castle Oblivion, so why on earth would she be in the middle of the city? She didn't even remember waking up for that matter.

"Oh well," She shrugged, "Guess I should head hom-"

Pop!

In front of her appeared a brightly colored animal, but not exactly a normal one in regards to anatomy either. It looked like something you'd see in Wonderland or the like – it was rather rotund and mainly blue with a dopey look on it's face. Then next to it popped in two more mysterious creatures, these ones looking like bunnies with a wild yellow and green coloration. Zee's arm dropped back down as she tilted her head at the beings. She felt no fear as the creatures gave off an aura of happiness and peace, nothing malevolent at all.

"Wha?" She asked.

Those are Dream Eaters. a voice in her head answered.

"Dream Eaters? What are those?"

They eat nightmares, they're friendly.

"Oh ok." Zee responded, then pressed on, "Do you know where I am?"

You're in the Dreamscape. Your world isn't slumbering but your power over dreams constructed a familiar Dreamscape for you to run away to while you sleep. Like a safe haven for you.

"That doesn't make a whole lot of sense but if you say so." Xirena shrugged.

Behind her popped up even more Dream Eaters in an assortment of animal types: frogs, giraffes, snails... It was a wondrous sight to behold. Xirena knelt down to one of the bunny Dream Eaters and pet it on the head, with the bunny pressing up into her hand to show it was enjoying the head rubs. Zee giggled, these things were just too cute.