Chapter XVI: Empty Melodies

A/N: Hi guys! I was looking at the review page for this story and I feel like I haven't responded to everyone who's reviewed and for that, I am very sorry, I like to thank people personally so if I forgot to after all this time I apologize deeply. Thank you all for your kind and inspiring reviews, they help keep me going for sure, knowing people beyond my tiny circle of friends likes this – a story with an OC romancing a canon character! The odds were stacked against me! LOL but really, we love you all and all the feedback given. Also, this AMV has got me stumped, so far the footage and music just aren't 'clicking' but I'm not giving up!

Chapter XVI: Empty Melodies

There's a drumming noise inside my head
That starts when you're around
I swear that you could hear it
It makes such an all mighty sound

"Come on guys! I swear it'll be fun!"

Demyx was practically on his knees in front of his friends, or the closest things to friends he had, begging them like a puppy staring at his master's fresh dinner. He'd dragged Axel, Rex and Xirena out of the castle and to the Commercial District of The World That Never Was, aka where they shop, aka Rex's favorite District to go to.

"I guess..." Axel was hesitant, scratching the back of his head as he stared up at the sign outside the store they stood in front of.

"Please! I swear I swear I swear!" Demyx begged yet again, more and more pathetic each time.

Axel glanced over at Rex, who looked as disinterested as he could possibly look. Then over to Xirena, who was excitedly bouncing up and down in anticipation for Demyx's hopefully 'fun' idea. Between siding with Rex or Zee, the choice was as obvious as it could be. Axel sighed deeply and hung his head with the fear that regret would settle in at any given second.

"Alright, we'll try it." Axel reluctantly said, crossing his arms.

"YES! You won't regret it Axmaster, I swear." Demyx promised, hopping back to his feet and sprinting into the store.

"I just know I'll be paying for all of this. I just know it." Axel said through gritted teeth.

With Xirena following after Demyx, Rex and Axel went on into the store as well. What was this store though, exactly? Over the doors hung a neon blinking sign that said 'NOBODY MUSIC SUPPLY' with a fancy script font subtitle of 'for all your musical wants and needs!'

"OKAY! I'll obviously be playing guitar." Demyx said, wasting no time in taking control of the situation. He'd unofficially appointed himself the leader of this project and thus had the most creative control.

"Don't you have a guitar already?" Xirena asked her friend, tilting her head and raising a pondering finger to her lips.

"No, no you silly gal." Demyx playfully sighed and plopped his hand on her shoulder, "I have a sitar. It's different."

"Oh ok. If you say so!"

"Okay yeah so like I said, I'll be on guitar." Demyx began yet again, detaching himself from Zee.

Axel and Rex finally caught up to the other pair, having dragged their feet the whole way. Now, while Axel was here because he knew Zee wanted to do it and admittedly... he thought it could be fun to form a band too, but couldn't admit that to Demyx. It'd make him even more annoying. No harm could come from learning an instrument, it'd clearly be a positive trait to have in your arsenal of hobbies.

"Axmaster. I'm thinking bass guitar for you." Demyx spoke, pointing at Axel, who shrugged indifferently, "Zee, I'm thinking as our vocalist and dancer obviously."