Chapter XII: Words to die by

Chapter XII: Words To Die By

Shine a light through an open door
Love and life Iwill divide
Turn away 'cause I need you more
Feel the heartbeat in my mind
It's the way I'm feeling I just can't deny
But I've gotta let it go

"Keep dreaming..." Rex uttered to Xirena.

"Oh ok, I can do that! It's in my title." Xirena said proudly.

Held in Xirena's hands was a piece of clothing, a cute little dress colored pale blue. She and Rex had ventured out into the commercial area of The World That Never Was where Dusks operated different shops and establishments. The particular place they were perusing at the time was Rex's hotspot for getting clubbing outfits and this time brought Xirena along under the guise that he would help her pick out clothes for herself, but it was all ego stroking for him and down putting for Zee. Why exactly did he tell her to 'keep dreaming?' Well, it had nothing to do with the fact that she was The Dancer of Dreams, but the fact that Rex deemed that Xirena 'couldn't pull off that dress.' This of course flew right over Xirena's head and she took Rex's literal words about dreaming while tossing the dress back onto the pile where she picked it from.

"Ugggh had such a crap day yesterday," Rex began, "I went on a mission stuck with XIGBAR of all people in Neverland. Spoiler alert hon: being in Neverland lets you fly, anyway, there's lots of water there and Xigbar thought it would be funny to overpower me so he could hold my head underwater and 'pretend' to drown me. I mean, what kind of sociopath would do that? He laughed and insisted he knew how long was safe to not breath but oh my GOD I swear he was going to kill me. I could faint just thinking about it..." Rex whined.

Rex's other motive for these kinds of trips were to complain complain complain about everything happening in his life and he often exaggerated... In fact, he greatly exaggerated the Xigbar incident. All Xigbar did was sneak up on Rex and shove him into the water a few times while he wasn't paying attention. Try to kill Rex, Xigbar did not, just get him pissy.

"Well that wasn't very nice of Uncle Xiggy..." Xirena lamented, head downcast, "He should work on being nicer to you."

"Chyeah that'll happen. When pigs fly." Replied a snide Rex.

"I'll take Sunny to Neverland then! That'll work!" Xirena perked up with that big smile of hers.

Rex groaned so loudly that it disturbed the Dusk who was working the counter far up front in the store. It glanced over and saw no problem, so it went back to idly minding it's own business as it 'wiggled' in place as they always do.

"Whatever. Let's just shut up about that loser now," Rex proposed, changing the subject to one that suited both of them, "SOOOO I thought Glee was really good this week."

"Yeah, it was nice."

"Zee all you ever say about Glee is 'it was nice,' get some new material hon," Rex went on, "But ohmygosh I just can't get over how hot Cory Monteith is, I'm IN LOVE with him."

Xirena's nose wrinkled up in confusion.

"In... love?" She asked, addled with curiosity.

"Uhh, yeah? You see how hot he is? Smokin' freakin sexy." Rex raved of his crush.

"Love..." Xirena murmured.

This word was very intriguing to Xirena, so much to the point that she had a gut feeling to avoid talking about it with Rex. She knew EXACTLY who to ask about it, and no surprise either: Axel.

Axel is smart. He'll know all about whatever this love stuff is! She thought.

-----

Home again, to Rex's room they ventured. In and out of his bathroom did he come and go, each emergence he wore a new piece of clothing he had bought earlier. Rex wasn't very responsible with his money, you see, and spent it quite frivolously on his club clothes and make up. Truth be told, he didn't even get that many opportunities to go clubbing and use these items, which ended up being thrown out once he got tired of them, under the excuse of 'they're no longer fashionable' and that he needed to update his clothes and beauty products to match the most current trends.