Chapter X: Sky Under My Skin

A/N: Woo! Hi everyone! Good to be updating again. I have to say, the pure hype for MGSV is definitely steering me back to the total remake of Shadow Runner, but for right now I'll be sparsely working on the outline while mainly continuing to focus on this story. It will be quite a departure from the original and some decisions I've made may not be popular among MGS fans, but I like to take risks. Some "spoilers"about the changes have been posted on my fanpage (link in profile) if anyone wanted some sneak peeks into the ideas going into Shadow Runner. I already got a solid intro for Chapter XI of re:AS too. Anyway, as usual, I hope everyone enjoys! PS Wattpad is messing with my formatting, removing spaces and smashing things together... did my best to pick those spots out and fix em.

-----

Chapter X: Sky Under My Skin

Meet me under shining lights,
I've been waiting right here all my life
Feelings you can't deny that you're living, open up your eyes
And I just wanna sink into your crazy laughter
Come on make me feel until the pain don't matter
Every second here makes my heart beat faster
Finally think I found what I'm chasing after.

A morning it was yet again, but a morning like seldom others in the dreary Nobody homestead. Axel's eyelids hung heavily over his emerald eyes, not closed, but refusing to open to their fullest yet. Noise could be heard outside his door, just a bit away, down towards the Gray Area (which wasn't too much of a shock since it was the common area). This strange new sound kept Axel bed bound – he didn't want to deal with whatever it could be, not yet... but at the same time the noise of the waking world beckoned him.

–----

"Wow!I love your hair!"

"I don't."

Xirena and Rex stood in front of a casual looking boy with dirty blonde hair that was cut into a strange amalgamation of styles. A mullet mixed with a pompadour mixed with shaved sides? Something like that.

"Thanks little lady!" He responded enthusiastically.

"You're welcome!" Xirena responded with equal enthuse.

Xirena and this new fella seemed to be getting along great, what with both of them being a little bit more manic than the rest of the members.One would wonder if the two forces of energy would cancel each other out, or if they would just compound on top of one another for a whole 'nother level of ALL THE TIME EXCITEMENT. Rex watched on as his gal pal and the new guy kept on conversing, almost as if Rex wasn't even there anymore. Like the catty bitch he was, he began tapping his foot and threw out some loud AHEMS here and there, trying to catch the attention back to him in a "subtle" fashion.

No dice for Rexvir.

It was already bad enough that the ginger was stealing away valuable time with his life-sized dress up doll, but now Rex had to compete with someone else too. Someone with a name he deemed stupid before he even met the new recruit: Demyx.

"You like music?" Demyx asked a bouncy Xirena.

"I do! A lot!"

"NICE!HIGH FIVE!"

The entirety of Demyx and Zee's excited chatter were little snippets like that – short, simple and to the point. And every single sentence fragment was punctuated with an exclamation point.

In the midst of Demyx raising his arm for the high five and Xirena staring at him with her confused titled head, Axel wandered out into the Gray Area to finally see what the brouhaha was about. All the others, save for Xemnas and Saix, were dotted around the lounge.