vii. reunited with tears

( mentions of
homophobia )

chapter seven
REUNITED WITH TEARS
𖤐⁺˚࿐.∗

"ELLE! WE WERE SO w-worried! We thought we l-lost you forever." Cho hugged Elle tightly, causing her to groan from the pain she was strangled in.

"Arielle." Luna's eyes were stained red, as she sobbed harder and harder at the sight of her sister, her saviour.

"Luna." Elle breathed out, limping towards her sister and hugging her tightly, not even caring about the pain that shot through her stomach. She felt like home in Luna's embrace, two sisters crying their eyes out as they were reunited.

"I'm glad you saved yourself from the nargles." Luna whispered into her shoulder, Elle only hugging her twin tighter. "Those weren't the nargles Luna. They were much worse."

"I know." Luna sniffed, "But won't life be easier if we pretend like the nargles are the only bad things in this world?"

"Oh Luna." Elle hadn't hugged Luna the previous day like she had planned to, and she did not even think she would live to hug her twin again. But here she was, feeling at home again, smiling and crying at the same time while seeing her sisters — the word being plural because of Cho.

"You kaminey." Rohan let out, lunging towards Elle and wrapping his strong arms around her. "I thought you were dead. I thought you weren't coming back to me, to us."

"Oh Rohan, you're stuck with me. And always will be." Elle laughed while wiping her tears. "What did you just call me in hindi?"

"A fucker." Rohan muttered, smiling at Elle's amused face.

"Well I'm your fucker. All of you guys'." Elle sincerely said, Rohan bursting into bittersweet laughter. "That didn't come out the way I planned it to." Elle raised her hands in defeat, Cho snorting while tears trickled down her cheeks.

Luna's eyes grew serious, "What happened, Arielle?"

"Don't call me that. Please."

"What happened, Elle." Luna repeated, wide eyes filled with concern.

And then Elle told them everything. Every single detail. Every single memory.

"Bloody Hell. You just- you- you've been through so much." Cho sighed and squeezed her best friend's hands softly, "It's not fair that the best people always go through the worst things."

Rohan smiled at Cho, captivated by her dialogues, who for the first time in forever reciprocated it.

"And Parkinson helped you? She's apparently... nice?" Rohan questioned inquisitively.

"I was confused too Ro, and I still am." Elle's eyebrows furrowed as her mind went over all of the possibilities.

Elle gulped as she processed the words coming out of her mouth, "I wouldn't be here today, right now, in this moment, if it wasn't for Pansy Parkinson."

The quartet went silent.

"I... I don't know what to say." Cho massaged her temples, "I've.. I've always hated her, y'know? Thought she was just another cold slytherin bitch."