xvi. tis the season

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

[ tis the season ]

"JINGLE BELLS, SNAPE'S hair smells,
I can do this all day!
The man has no personal hygiene
That's probably what kept all the women at bay!"

    The Ravenclaws burst into chuckles as Elle heartily sang verses to expose each and every member of their house ( and maybe even a few teachers! ) while Rohan pursed his lips in thought.

    "Why didn't you write an exposé about me?" Rohan questioned as Elle cleared her throat, grinning playfully, "Well, Rohan, nothing rhymes with Draco."

    "I can think of some..." Rohan raised an eyebrow at Elle, whose grin expanded even wider.

    "I've got it! I got the verse to expose Rohan!" She called out, alerting the attention of all the Ravenclaws.

"Rohan has quidditch printed pajamas,
Some of his pants even have tiny little llamas
Even Santa Claus is envious of his neatly trimmed beard,
Snape is too, I'm sure he sneered.
Hey!"

    The house erupted into peals of laughter while the door creaked open as a brunette with soft brown eyes and a broad, mischievous grin walked inside, wearing a white crop top and olive green army pants. In her hands was a blue velvet box, with the name Arielle, inscribed on it in neat cursive.

    "What have I just walked into?" Pansy laughed heartily as Elle rushed towards her and hugged her tightly, stroking her hair softly.

     "Merry Christmas, love." Pansy smiled, kissing Elle slowly and tenderly, the blonde feeling her stomach churning with butterflies.

     "Merry Christmas, Pans." Elle's cheeks heated up as Pansy squeezed her hands softly, "My gift for you is in the dorm, I couldn't risk Rohan nicking it for someone he forgot to buy a present for."

    Pansy grinned even wider, "Then to the dorms we go!"

     The girls climbed upstairs and jumped onto the soft cushions of the bed, cheeks pink and hair messy. "Here's your Christmas present," Elle smirked, kissing Pansy passionately, the heat from their bodies making the two girls sigh in utter ecstasy.

    "Mhm... You're quite the gift giver." Pansy mumbled against her lips, flipping her over so that she was on top of Elle, making sure that she was the dominant one.

     Elle whimpered as Pansy kissed down her collarbones, moaning slightly as she nibbled her sensitive skin, placing soft purple bites on her usually creamy skin.

    "AHHRGH!"

     Elle and Pansy immediately jumped apart from each other, Elle rolling her eyes in annoyance at a very disturbed Rohan Jain. "We really need a system." Elle breathlessly let out as she adjusted her clothes.

     "I - I forgot to buy a gift for Padma. I need one. ASAP." Rohan blurted out, the two girls looking at each for a good two seconds before erupting into laughter.

    "Elle totally called it," Pansy whispered through snickers, Elle looking at her adoringly.

    Pansy blushed, "What?"

"Nothing."

    "Tell me!"

    "It's just... you're so beautiful."

Pansy's entire face went a soft shade of pink, leaning in and kissing Elle gently.

"I'm - I'm right here," Rohan said pointedly, Elle chuckling softly. "Come on now, we can give Padma one of my old sweaters."

"Thank you, Elle." Rohan smiled gratefully, before grabbing the Jacket and leaving.

"Now, for your real present." Elle hummed, taking out a small gift bag from her cupboard and placing it in front of Pansy.

"So no sex?" Pansy asked almost seriously, with darkened eyes, prompting Elle to fondly roll her eyes at her girlfriend.

"Not yet." The Ravenclaw winked at Pansy, whose cheeks heated up a crimson color.

Elle opened the gift bag slowly, revealing two shards of a broken mirror. It glittered in the morning light, clear as water, or melted snow, alluring and enticing. "It's a family heirloom – we can speak to each other and see each other when we look through this. And you're my family too now, Pans." Elle explained, giving a piece to a fascinated Pansy.

"I – I..." Pansy paused, a stray tear trickling down her cheek, which Elle was quick to wipe, staring at her straight in her honey eyes. "I love it. So much."

"I'm glad, Pans."

"No one's ever called me their family anymore. Not even my real family." Pansy admitted, looking at the bed slowly.

Elle looked at her knowingly, tilting her face upwards and kissing her forehead timidly, "You're my family. You always were and always will be."

"You're my family too. More so than my real one, even." Pansy laughed with relief, kissing Elle once more, grinning through the kiss.

"I hope you brought me chapstick for Christmas." Elle giggled, opening Pansy's velvet box.

The giggling stopped as soon as Elle saw the present.

"They're promise rings." Pansy was quick to explain, "It's my promise to you that I take you and our relationship seriously, and that I will work for it. I truly care for you, Ari... I'm - I'm not exactly the best at expressing what I truly feel, and I hope this shows you how much you mean to me."

"Pansy... I don't know what to say." Elle's eyes were glistening with tears of joy, her hands taking the gleaming diamond ring out of the box and slipping it onto her finger. "You're the best. The absolute best."

"And so are you." Pansy supplied with a smirk, Elle's lips curling into a grin as she approached Pansy and muttered against her lips, "We make a pretty good pair then."

"Stop teasing me, you arsehole." Pansy connected their lips, the kiss was warm and soft and meant to be.

"Do you wanna go and scream Christmas carols to annoy the living daylight's out of everyone else?" Elle suggested with an eager look.

"I think you're my soulmate."

━━━━━━ ⋆ ✧ ━━━━━━

▎ARIA SPEAKS ⋆ . ☆ ⋆ 🕯°
I hate this chapter w a burning
passion i'm so sorry u guys deserve
better or whateva😟✋🏻

this a double update so keep
scrolling my loves <3