xiv. slughorn's christmas party

chapter fourteen
SLUGHORN'S CHRISTMAS PARTY
𖤐⁺˚࿐.∗ ̥

ELLE LAUGHED AS Rohan made a witty comment in the Ravenclaw common room, Luna and Cho doing just the same. "How do you even come up with those, Rohan!" Cho giggled, Rohan shrugging, yet a smile made its way on his blushing face, "I think a friend is influencing me."

Luna looked at him with a suggestive grin, her eyebrows rising, "We've been hearing a lot about this friend. I wonder if our Rohi's in love."

"I am not in love!" Rohan exclaimed, making pleading eye contact with Elle.

"Am I...?" He whispered, so barely that only Elle could hear it because of the close proximity that they were sitting in.

"You'll know when you know Rohan." She squeezed his shoulders comfortingly. "Do you know something we don't?" Cho asked with a weary expression. Elle looked at Rohan. Rohan looked at Elle. The pair sighed.

"Yes... I'm sorry, but I found out on accident and Rohan didn't want me to tell anyone." Elle fumbled with her fingers. "I wish I could tell you - but it's a forbidden thing, if anyone found out.. I would be in great trouble." Rohan looked at the ground, ashamed, Cho and Luna nodded.

"S'okay, I understand." Luna let out breathily, her eyes turning apprehensive and apologetic. "Anyways, I heard Slughorn is hosting a Christmas party today, is anyone here invited?" Cho smoothly changed the subject, Elle and Rohan both nodding.

"Ginny asked me to go, as a friend, of course." Elle stated, Rohan grinning at her.

"I'm going with Harry." Luna answered, "As friends. Of course. Everyone wants Loony Lovegood just as a friend." She whispered sadly.

"Hey, you're going to find someone someday, someone who appreciates you during your happy and your sad times." Elle comforted her twin, Cho nodding her head, "Anyone who doesn't want you is missing out, you're quite a catch."

"I need a date." Rohan blurted out, "Cho, do you fancy a boring Christmas party? I won't take no for an answer."

Cho groaned, "Fine. But as friends." Elle laughed at her reaction, twirling her hair as she looked out of the window.

The view from the Ravenclaw tower was by far the most breathtaking. Delicate clouds were floating gently, being pushing by puffs of cold wind, the sun's rose gold rays shining straight through the tepid and wide mist, tinting it a rosy sort of colour.

Fiery, flamboyant birds chirped as they circled around, their vibrant colours deeply contrasting the fog's. "Look! There's about ten phoenixes outside!" A younger Ravenclaw looked at the windows with awe, Elle nodding, "They usually come up here. It's so gorgeous."

The phoenixes looked like the flames of a campfire, smoky and unmatched. "They're so majestic." Cho mused, Rohan agreeing, "They really are."

"I love being a Ravenclaw." Luna added, gasping as the birds neared towards the windows, dark and spiritual.

"Who wouldn't?" Rohan smirked, Elle and Cho chuckling.

The quartet smiled widely, admiring the view, cherishing the moment, and each other, knowing that soon they would all be going their separate ways.