x. alone with the stars

( contains a
panic attack )

chapter ten
ALONE WITH THE STARS
𖤐⁺˚࿐.∗ ̥

IT WAS AFTER dinner time when Elle approached the room of requirement, concentrating on the trio as the door flung open, revealing a medium sized chamber with a soft bed and fluffy red pillows. Hermione, Harry and Ron were relaxing on the king sized duvet, Ron half asleep as Hermione looked at him adoringly.

Ron immediately came to his senses and sat upright, running his hands through his messy red hair, "It took you long enough. I reckoned you'd forgotten, but then Hermione reminded me that you never forget."

Elle chuckled at the last comment, "I'm so sorry, transfiguration took longer than I expected. Now.. what was it that you wanted to tell me."

She sunk into the soft bed, its sheets and fluff calming her down for the not so shocking information that she was about to receive.

Harry looked at Elle with a serious look in his face, green eyes growing colder with each second, "We're almost certain that Malfoy is a death eater. I-I saw him. At Borgin and Burke's... He was threatening Borgin, and asking him for some unknown object."

"He looks down lately." Hermione added, "Almost ill. Although after your divination class he seemed to be getting better, smiling to himself in the hallways when he thought no one was watching. It seems as if he made Voldemort happy, maybe. But I have some other theories."

"When did you see him Harry? At Borgin and Burke's?" Elle asked, mind racing.

"Start of the year." Harry looked down ashamed, Elle sending him a reassuring smile. "It's okay that you didn't tell me, just know you can trust me and I'm here if you do need help for cases like this."

"And about Malfoy.. I think you're correct. But I don't think he's as malicious as you paint him to be... He's just a kid, Harry. He's just a scared kid." Elle froze up, she could not believe the words she had just spoken.

"This is Malfoy we're talking about. I'm sure he loves torturing and killing people." Ron sneered, shocked at Elle's comments.

"I can't tell you when. I can't tell you how. But I know for a fact that he hates it. You can see it in his eyes." Elle softly let out, afraid of upsetting her friends.

"If you're going to side with a death eater, then what are you even doing here?" Hermione spat out, choosing to ignore the way Elle winced at her attitude.

"I'm not siding with him, Herms. I'm just saying that this a war and we're all scared, even them." Elle reasoned out, but Harry had had enough.

"Elle are you even hearing yourself?" Harry questioned loudly, Ron and Hermione both nodding. "Malfoy himself told me he didn't believe in it." Elle simply stated, grabbing her book bag and leaving the room, missing the comfort of the soft bed.

"This is why I didn't want to tell her." Harry muttered to himself, but Elle heard him, and those words were like knifes itself. She had a different opinion, but it didn't mean it was wrong.. Did it?

The blonde started to move towards the Ravenclaw tower, but suddenly felt her hands start to shake violently, fidgeting with at a great level. Her blood pounded in her ears, heart thumping from pure panic, ringing in her ears as her feet wobbled, she couldn't feel like she could stand anymore. She couldn't lose Hermione, Harry and Ron too. Not over something as fucking stupid as Malfoy.