~ Chapter 8 ~

shit

~~~
Everyone froze for a second until all hell broke loose. Newt grabbed Zara's hand and pulled her with him. Zara grabbed on to Jackson's hand who ran with them. They met with Minho, Brenda, Jorge, Sonya, Aris, Frypan and Thomas.

"Who are you?" Jorge asked, pointing at Jackson

"No time, explain later" Zara breathed as they soon broke into another sprint to Vince who was standing on a truck with guns. He chucked a gun down to Newt, Minho, Brenda, Jorge and Thomas. Thomas immediately handed the gun to Zara

"Woah woah what are you doing? You can't give a gun to a kid!" Vince yelled

"Just trust me, she's better than most of us with guns!" Thomas called back

Zara smirked and shot a guard who was about to shoot in their direction. They managed to keep themselves alive for a while until Zara noticed a guard about to throw some sort of bomb at them.

"RUN!" She shouted and grabbed the people next to her and pushed them away. They all started running but unfortunately Minho, Frypan, Vince and Newt were caught in the bomb and electrocuted. Thomas, Jackson and Zara were separated from Jorge and Brenda and started running and shooting behind them. They jumped behind a car and occasionally Zara would stick her head up and shoot a guard and go back down. 

They watched as half of the camp were knelt down on their knees in front of the guards, Janson and Ava Paige. Ava fucking Paige. 

"We have to do something" She whispered at Jackson and Thomas

"There's nothing we can do, we're outnumbered" Thomas whispered back. 

"Where's Zara, Thomas and Jackson?" Janson called out. They all shared a look and put their arms up and walked over. Guards took them by the arms and pushed them down. 

"Ah Jackson, my son how are you?" Ava said as she embraced him

"Im fine mum" Jackson muttered. Zara's eyes widened a bit and she stared at him. Her eyes become glassy as she fought back the tears.

This is what happens when i let my guard down

She felt hurt, confused and angry at herself. He looked at her with sorry eyes but she just stared at him blankly. 

"Ah Zara my dear, stand up" Janson said as he walked over to her. Two guards roughly picked her up

"I have legs i can stand by myself" She harshly shrugged out of their grip.

"Nice to see you again after, how long was it? 2 Years?" He smirked. 

"See things have changed" He said as he ran a finger along her cheekbone. Then without warning he slapped her hard across the face. She heard all her friends gasp. She just closed her eyes and took a sharp breath in. 

"That was for what you did in England" He snarled. 

"I have no regrets" She said bluntly

He punched her in the stomach

"And now?" 

"Still no. You deserved it you asshole" She spat. 

"Ah yes because i deserved two of my toes to be cut off because i was trying to help you" He said as he roughly grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him.

"Give me one reason why i shouldn't kill you right now" He snarled

"Because you wouldn't kill your daughter" She hissed. 

"Your only my daughter when it suits you aren't you?" He snapped. 

"Yup" She popped the 'P' 

"But you're right, i wouldn't kill my own daughter. I would however bring her to safety and use her to cure the entire world. Don't you want to cure the world?" He asked. 

"Not with you" 

He pushed her away with such force that she fell on the floor. 

"Get them in" He said and the guards started to fill the burg with kids. 

Thomas grabbed Zara and pulled her behind him. Everyone was behind him. Apart from Minho. They looked for him and saw him in the burg sitting with Aris. 

"LET THEM GO" Thomas yelled with a bomb in his hands

"Now now Thomas there's no need for that, you don't want to kill your friends do you?" Ava asked. He looked at all his friends who stood behind him. Zara stepped up and put a hand on his arm. 

"It's ok" 

"We're ready"

"Do it"

Newt and Frypan tuned in. Newt held on to Zara as they prepared to die. Just as Thomas was about to press the button, a car and shouting was heard. They all whipped around to see Brenda and Jorge in a car.

Thank the demented gods for that

"GET IN" They yelled. They all hopped in and drove away.

Zara watched as her friends were taken away to their nightmare. She felt a tear fall down her face. She wiped it away and tucked her head in her knees. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her and she knew it was Newt. 

"We're going to be ok" He said as they came to an abrupt stop. Everyone got out and sat in silence on a rock to plan their next move.

"The safe haven isn't too far from here we can-"

"What? You mean you want us to leave everyone and save ourselves? I mean yeah fuck jackson and teresa but everyone else we can't just leave them there to be test subjects" Zara spoke up

"Hermana i get what your saying but there isn't anything we can do-"

"Bullshit! Of course there's something we can do. How will you go to sleep at night, how will you look at yourself in the mirror knowing that you didn't do anything or at least try to save those kids?" She said

"I agree with Zara, we can't just leave them. We will be aken with guilt for the rest of our lives. I made a promise to Minho that we won't leave each other behind. I don't break my promises"

"Ok but how can we trust her?" Frypan said pointing to Zara

"Is no one else confused and suspicious that fucking JANSON is her dad? That she knew and didn't tell anyone?!"

"Right i can see how that would be... suspicious. I knew and i should've told you but i... actually have no excuse. I do hate him, so much so that i cut his toes off. I want him dead and while i want to go after them to save the kids i also have a personal mission to kill him" She said

"Prove it" Frypan said

"Bro chill" Newt said with a stern look

"While i can't exactly prove it. All you can do is trust me. And whether you trust me or not thats up to you but i haven't done anything for you to not trust me"

"Uh you never told us he was your dad" Frypan retorted

"Well thats because no one asked" She shrugged

"Well whats your plan" Vince said looking at Thomas and her.

Thomas looked at her. They nodded and discussed a plan.

A/N: Sorry about Jackson guys