~ Chapter 15 ~

"she enjoyed that" Gally grunted as he sat down, patting the cut on his neck with a damp towel.

"Ok now that's out the way-" Zara was cut off by Teresa

"I haven't done yours yet" 

"They don't have a trace on me" She said

"Oh but they do. They have been tracking you ever since you've been running"

"But how? They've never had a chance to put one in me" Zara furrowed her brows and went to feel for any sign of a tracker on her neck. Sure enough, there were a few lines indicating a tracker. 

Teresa signaled for Zara to sit down and so she did. She held her hair to one side of her face, out of the way so Teresa could remove the tracker.

She could feel her carving into her neck, taking longer than she did with anyone else. Zara winced as the tracker got pulled out. 

"Alright your all done" She said and handed Zara a towel.

"Thanks" She muttered and grabbed the towel. She went and sat next to Thomas and Newt.

"Oh my god Teresa how deep did you cut into her neck?" Newt exclaimed, examining Zara's neck. 

"What do you mean?" She asked, fake innocence written all over her face.

"You cut deeper into her than you did with any of us" Thomas added

"Jesus you are petty aren't you? So many other ways to hurt me and you choose to just cut a little bit deeper?" Zara laughed a bit and rolled her eyes. 

"Seriously, sounds like someone's become a bit of a coward" She smirked and continued to dab her neck with the towel now covered in blood. 

"You pull anything like that again and your stay won't be a pleasant one" Gally said as he grabbed Teresa's arm and pulled her away to where they were keeping her.

"Here Hermana let me see" Jorge said, beckoning to Zara. She got up and walked over and sat in front of him.

"Aish that is deep, Brenda pass me the antiseptic please" He said, his eyes still trained on Zara's cut.

"This is going to sting, a lot" He warned

"It's probably nothing compared to, you know being bitten by a zombie and shot by soldiers who want to capture us for a cure" She shrugged. Everyone looked at her

"Just thought i'd update you on how severely wrong our lives are" She smiled nonchalantly

Jorge chuckled and gave her a countdown

"3, 2-"

"Seriously just do it" She said. He shrugged and poured some antiseptic solution in the cut. She hissed and clenched her fist as she waited for the stinging to pass. She shut her eyes and cursed quietly to herself until it was finally over. 

"Well now it's not going to get infected so it won't spread and go to your brain and kill you" Brenda said as she patted Zara on the back. 

"Pretty sure that's not how it-" Brenda had walked away

"Works" She muttered to finish her own sentence. 

"Alright kiddo, should probably get to sleep, big day tomorrow" Newt said 

"Can i stay up just like one more hour?"

"No"

"Half an hour?"

"Nope"

"15 minutes?"

"Ugh fine, but you gotta promise me after that your going straight to bed and to sleep" he said and patted her head before going to bed himself. 

"Promise!" she called out to him. 

Now it was just Zara and Thomas seeing as everyone else turned in.

"Are you scared?" She asked

"Scared about what?"

"What's going to happen tomorrow. I mean aren't you scared that your going to get caught" She said as she fiddled with her necklace. 

"Oh i'm terrified. Not only for myself but for others. We're going to lose a lot of people but we will have to keep going." He shrugged, his eyes saddened at the thought of losing people close to him.

"Promise you won't do anything dumb. Your gonna stick to the plan and not let your stupidly good heart get in the way right?" She asked, knowing that he would risk his life for anyone. 

"I can't promi-"

"yes you can. You can and you will. Please" She pleaded

"Zara, if i didn't know any better i'd say you actually are showing emotion other than sarcasm and anger" He said

"And that's when my 15 minutes are up" She sighed and got up.

"I promise" He said, just as she was about to leave. She smiled and left.

That night Zara didn't sleep at all. She got up after 3 hours of trying to fall asleep and went to the planning room. She went over all the routes and everyone's roles and every possible outcome. She drank 4 coffees and racked her brain for any and all ways that this plan could end very wrong. 

After her 5th coffee she remembered that she took a coding and hacking class a while back. She hit her head as if it would knock some memory and knowledge in to her brain. She jumped up and grabbed the only laptop they had. She typed in WCKD and did some hacking on google to find their hidden website. It had applications for jobs and petitions to sign. It told you ways to spot the flare and how to defeat a crank. It also happened to say who is the leader and all the brains behind the organisation. 

They had clearly taken down the website when they realised that Thomas and everyone else was on the run. They knew that somebody would be able to break in using the information on the website. If someone hacked in to it correctly, they would have everything they needed to know. 

Zara spent another 2 hours hacking the websites, sheets of paper laid out beside her, all filled with numbers and letters. Passwords and links, fake usernames and information, security codes. She typed away rapidly on the keyboard for hours upon hours, the sun had started to rise and people would be waking up soon. Click.

"YES YES YES" She shouted. That's when she realised perhaps she was being too loud. She silently celebrated and then got back to the computer. She had figured out all the security guards duties for the next 3 days. The doctors and scientists schedules and where all the cells were. 

She scribbled out a drawing of the aerial view of the building and drew symbols to show where everyone would be. On another sheet of paper she drew a table showing all the times. She then figured out where they should go and at what time to perfectly execute the time. 

She compared the new information with what the plan was before and realised how screwed they would've been if they went with that plan.

"Zara what the hell is going on in here?" Newt asked. She span around to see Newt, Gally and Thomas standing by the door. Their eyes roaming around the room, pieces of paper filled with writing everywhere. 

"Guys. I have a new plan" She smiled.