~ Chapter 9 ~

They had a plan down and decided to pick it up in the morning. They needed sleep and they knew they couldn't execute the plan while tired.

Zara had decided that Jackson was the last person she would open up to. Ever. She couldn't afford to keep trusting people and then be let down. She would never let people know it but she was hurting. She felt empty. She felt like she would be forever. 

Everyone was lying on the floor on leftover materials they managed to save from the fire damage. Zara was looking up straight at the sky and the stars. She picked the biggest one and decided that it was Alec watching over her. As far as she could tell, everyone else was asleep so she started whispering to the star.

"Your going to help make this possible right? You're not going to let this fail. Your going to march right up to God's desk and demand that this works and everyone is safe forever. And he's going to listen and it'll be a happily ever after fairytale ending." She whispered and smiled gently at the thought of Alec demanding God to do stuff. 

"Zara are you awake?" Newt whispered

"No" She responded

"How are you talking then?"

"Its my clone that answers people when I'm sleeping. My clone would like to tell you to go to sleep and leave me alone." She said and turned over to face away from him.

"haha very funny. I just want to talk" He pleaded.

She huffed and contemplated talking to him. He had a way with words and might trick her into opening up.

"fine" She turned around to face him. He was already on his side looking at her.

"Do you believe in love? I mean after Alec do you think you'll ever love again?" He asked

"Nope."

"Well why not? I mean Jackson -"

"Turned out to be a traitor and betrayed all of us" 

"Zara if you continue like this your going to be a lonely crazy cat lady" 

"Actually I would be a crazy dog lady. I dont like cats" 

Newt chuckled but then returned to seriousness

"Why don't you believe in love anymore?"

"Because. Love is stupid. It always fails so there's no point."

"how do you mean?"

"Ok look at it like this. Its like a car that you know the brakes are broken but you choose to drive it anyway down a busy street. What's the point when you know your just going to crash and burn?"

Newt didn't have anything to say to that. He knew in a way she was right.

"Anyway, i don't have time for it. Kinda have a world to save and people to kill" 

"Your not actually going to kill Janson are you?"

"Why not?"

"Because your 14. You shouldn't have to deal with the guilt of having killed someone from that young"

"But he gets to live knowing that he has killed many children in an unsuccessful attempt to save himself and his stupid little friends."

"You didn't let me finish. You can't live with that guilt by yourself. Let me help you"

"You want to help me murder someone?"

"100%" Newt smiled cheekily

"Well alright then. I was thinking that i need help anyway" She smiled and said goodnight. She turned on her side and closed her eyes. Soon sleep overcame her

"you can't do this to me Alec. You have to wait. There will be a cure just please. Hang in there." She was staring at him trying everything to get him down from the chair and belt.

"Zara you know i love you. I always have. You're my best friend but i can't live like this anymore" 

"please.... please i need you. Don't you understand that?  If you become a crank then you can bite me and we'll be cranks together. Together. We will be together through all of this but we can't do that if you die." 

"zara promise me you'll find happiness. You'll find someone else to get matching tattoos with and someone else that you'll eventually say that you love them. Promise"

She shook her head

"I can't promise that. I can't promise that when you and I know that's not going to happen."

"Zara please. I can't live like this you have to understand that"

"See, that's the problem. You- you don't care about people getting hurt. But you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated. And if you die i will literally go out of my freaking mind. You see death doesn't happen to you, Alec. It happens to everyone around you, to all the people left standing at your funeral trying to figure out how to live the rest of  their lives now without you in it." 

"I'm sorry" And with that he kicked away the chair and he was gone. 

"no, no no no No NO!" 

She woke up sweating and heavy breathing. 

She gulped trying to regain a steady breathing pattern. 

"Hey hey your ok. It was just a nightmare" She heard Jorge come over and hug her and tell her it would all be ok. He was there for her when she had these nightmares before. She cried in his arms and he was taken aback. He was stiff for a moment but sighed and hugged her tighter. It broke his heart to see her like this. She had never cried in front of him before. Newt, Brenda and Thomas were awoken by the sound of her hysterical crying. They decided it was best not to say anything as she needed a good cry. All their hearts hurt for the girl. She'd been through more than them combined, all by herself at the age 14.

A/N: Sorry this one was kinda short and i haven't updated in ages but i'm kinda losing motivation. Doesn't mean i'm going to stop writing this dw. I intend on finishing it. I was thinking about writing a teen wolf Stiles x Reader as well. Also peep the Stiles quote in there.