~ Chapter 12 ~

Zara looked at the others to see that they were confused and angry. Thomas especially. 

Before she knew it he had ran over to Gally and punched him to the floor. Newt rushed over and held Thomas back. 

"He killed Chuck!" He yelled. Zara was confused at all this. How did they know him?

"I know, i was there, we all were. What we also know is that he was stung, he wasn't in the right mind" Newt whispered to Thomas. Thomas eventually held off and walked back to where they were. 

"How are you even here, we watched you die" Newt said

"Wait what?" She asked still utterly perplexed

"No you left me to die" Gally said, ignoring her. She shook her head in an attempt to get rid of the confusion. 

"Well i think we all need to have a little chat don't you?" Newt asked looking between Zara, Gally and Thomas. She nodded and smiled a bit at Gally, happy to see him again. 

They had all gone to a room next door and sat down. 

"So hold on how do you all know each other?" Zara asked

"Gally was in our maze" Newt responded

"Ok and he killed a boy named Chuck while stung and was thought to be dead?" She asked, the confusion evident in her voice

"Yeah, when we left the glade, Gally wanted to stay so we left him behind despite many attempts to get him to come with us. After we escaped the maze, he had somehow come after us and must've been stung on the way. He had a gun and since he was stung he wasn't thinking straight, as he pulled the trigger, Minho threw a spear at him out of instinct. Chuck jumped in front of the bullet to block Thomas from being hit. Chuck died and we thought Gally did too. We had no time to check before we were dragged away by WCKD. Evidently, he wasn't dead" Newt explained. 

"Now how do you two know each other?"  Thomas asked Zara and Gally

"You want to tell them?" Gally asked her

"Sure, so when i was younger, Gally was my neighbour, we would play together all the time because he was also best friends with brother. He was like a second brother to me. All i remember was one day i never saw him again, then the next day the world was ending and i was on the run." 

"So hold on Gally how do you remember her? Didn't you have your memory wiped?"  Newt asked

"Well i remembered her during the first changing" He responded

"Where's your brother?" He asked turning to Zara

"Uh Gally, he's dead" She said, bowing her head

"What? But he was with me when we got taken by WCKD" Gally said in disbelief

"He has to be with WCKD still" He continued

"Gally that's highly unlikely. He was probably killed in a maze" 

"But if he wasn't? What if he is one of those guys Minho was taken away with? Don't you want to at least try?"  He pleaded

"Gally if we try we will be getting our hopes up just for them to get crushed. It's not going to happen, he's dead. He has to be" 

"Zara come on i know you, you have to have some hope somewhere. Some belief that he's still out there."

She sighed and turned to Newt and Thomas

"Why don't you tell him why we're here" She said. They started explaining while she got distracted with the thought of her brother still out there, struggling to survive.